How do you build a teeter

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How do you build a teeter
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
dorchesterbiketrail wrote:
the first one
i find it better to over build than to find out there is to much spacing or not strong enogh and have to resart

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:09 Quote
jonmiller wrote:
the first one
i find it better to over build than to find out there is to much spacing or not strong enogh and have to resart
Agreed. I have seen several teeters way underbuilt that started to fall apart in less than a week.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
ill post mine up after school.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
lojack13 wrote:
jonmiller wrote:
the first one
Agreed. I have seen several teeters way underbuilt that started to fall apart in less than a week.
i use the width of a 2x4(3.5 inches) for spacing

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
why do some people cover north shore stuff in chicken wire, Wouldnt it make you slip up?

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
prevents u from slipping

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 9:13 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
why do some people cover north shore stuff in chicken wire, Wouldnt it make you slip up?

esher shore use chicken wire on all their trails. It just means you can use the trails all year round, even wet its wet, and just generally improves traction.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 0:23 Quote
a-l-e-x wrote:
Liam-rooney wrote:

esher shore use chicken wire on all their trails. It just means you can use the trails all year round, even wet its wet, and just generally improves traction.

ok then, thanks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
Because it's cheap and easy, readily-avilable. Good until it fails and starts puncturing tires and scraping legs, a tetnis nightmare. There are much better ways to provide traction like traction tape or conveyor belt material...

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
photo

this is the one I built for our trails. go heavy duty or it will be dangerous.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
fleavernator wrote:
Liam-rooney wrote:
Because it's cheap and easy, readily-avilable. Good until it fails and starts puncturing tires and scraping legs, a tetnis nightmare. There are much better ways to provide traction like traction tape or conveyor belt material...

at my local hill, they had shingles and bricks covering the berms...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015300
Mobile Version of Website