Powered by Outside

Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
My fingers are always on the brakes.
You never know what may happen.
Romo got smoked by a deer Blank Stare broke his leg.
Who knows if he was ready, but i will be.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
pretty much most of the time, nearing all the time

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
I almost never have my fingers on the brakes, only when i actually use them...

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
i have mine on my brakes nearly all the time. riding around, who knows when you're gonna need to grab the binders. could be a deer, a car, a bear, or a pedestrian. i usually just have my pointer finger on the lever at all times, but if im booking it, its my pointer and my middle finger. i'm ready for anything.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
i always have 1 finger on teh brakes, whether its dh, dj or just riding down the road.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
i think that people that say they never have their fingers on their brakes, are lying, i'm fairly sure everyone covers their brakes, i know all dh'ers, nearly all dj'ers, and pretty much all freeriders do.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
I run one finger on the rear and 2 on the front nearly all the time. Just in case something pops out in front of me or I miss judge something. Plus it's just one less thing you have to think about doing when your whipping down a trail at top speed.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
na, some of my mates always go death grip

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
i most certainly do , dunno why? its just a habbit even when i jump or cruise to teh shops...lol

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
i agree with exetertim and skid. its nearly impossible to ride all the time without your brakes. youre not sam hill, even he keeps his fingers on the brakes. dont be a BAMF then get hurt because you hit something, or carried too much speed into a jump and got rediculously hurt. no one will feel sorry for you

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
All the time, you never know when youre gonna need them suddenly

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
i cant ride full fist, even at the park i need to have one finger on the break at all times

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
my fingers are sorta just ready to grap my brakes when needed. its not that i ride no fear, death grip just it feels more comfortable and controlled with all my fingers on the grips. it might be just me but it feels like all my other fingers arent 'strong' enough to take the landing...

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
norco2007 wrote:
i cant ride full fist, even at the park i need to have one finger on the break at all times
i am the same, and i find it more safer riding with my first fingers onboth front and back so in an emergency i can stop quickly.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
i cant ride death grip, not that im too scared i just physically cant after riding with 1 finger on for so long

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009967
Mobile Version of Website