Powered by Outside

Help with j-hop

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Help with j-hop
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:19 Quote
Just put things on the road and try to go over them... but make sure they are bigger than what you think you can do... then after a couple tries you'll eventually make it over... of course theres a point were this doesnt work anymore

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
Ya I know, put what I really need help with is the lifting the front tire higher as I can't do that well only about 7-8 inches high.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
go out and practise already

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
get good at manualing first

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:40 Quote
3kman wrote:
go out and practise already

I do every possible day I can. Except for like the last 2 weeks it's been raining and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:41 Quote
porkercon wrote:
get good at manualing first
I can't as my problem that I stated before.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 9:35 Quote
after awhile you get alot more upper body strength if you just keep trying. maybe do a few pull-ups?Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
this guy knows what he's doing:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6RV2EMtfLNo

as for me, i can only do 13 or so inches Frown

i got my friend to take a video of me and i realized my technique was wrong. i stay too much over the handebars when i should have a more upright, leaned back position - i was pulling the handlebars up to myself rather than leaning back and taking the bars with me (which is the right way to do it).

i'd probably be able to do at least 2 feet after practicing the right technique. - get someone to film you and then compare it to the pros.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
Views: 837    Faves: 0    Comments: 17
]
Here is the video any tips would be great! And if you move the cursor to a super slow mode you can see exactly what I'm doing. And sorry for crap quality.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
you're leaning far too forwards, just like i did/do. i haven't had the time to go out and practice yet (my new bike gets delivered to my lbs tomorrow and i have to wait about 1-2 weeks before i can pay it off).

learn to lean back and at least start manuals first. pull up your wheel more, and practice on flat ground first - in case you case that ramp. notice how people have their bike almost vertical and their handlebars pulled almost to their waist when they j-hop.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
hey dude ill get some photos of me hopping a picnic this weekend and study the shit out of them in that vid it looks like ur trying to pull the hole bike up at the same time u need to pull the front up first as hard as u can and then just push up more and out to bring the back end level with ur front ill even try to get a vid for ya so u can watch that

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:09 Quote
Ok, thanks. I'll try that when it stop raining.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
yeah use your fork rebound 2 help get your front end up then kinda twist your grips and huck your bar foreward to get the rear end up

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:25 Quote
bigtimmy wrote:
yeah use your fork rebound 2 help get your front end up then kinda twist your grips and huck your bar foreward to get the rear end up

Lol, Sorry but this is a BMX section, we ride rigid forks with 20" wheels.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:30 Quote
damn then just run really low tire pressure and use it as a fork ha ha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013088
Mobile Version of Website