Powered by Outside

What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
I was going to replace my old shit bike, then I started looking for deals, went on schwinn’s website and saw their xc $1000 bike. Dug a bit deeper and found the whole fr/dh world, thought it was crazy from all the freeriding video’s, then I saved up and got my first decent bike.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
I saw Darren Berecloth on Stunt Junkies and after that i call myself a biker.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
needed a bike to ride out to a local spot for tombstoning but my mums bike was just a bit too gay haha so i looked on ebay and therej ust happened to be a deal on a norco 125 that was local pick up only therefore no could get it cos of where he lived (quite clse to me but not anyone else). turned out he was a pro rider lol and since ive realised it was alot ebtter than i though. i thought it kinda had one brake and wheels but they turned otu to be hope on mavic and the brake was a hope m4 with 7" disc and so on lol. wa worth a bomb. then we just started rolling over this tabel top and then slowly jumping it. and now i am the best rider ever. lol

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
my frends.....

it has sorta become a fashion at my skool

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
season 1 of drop in, Shawn Denny and Dylan Trembley

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:

Totally, made me quit skating right then and there. Well that and a bunch of rolled ankles.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:

omg! i work at my loal market and the guy who sells donuts looks like randy spangler!

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
-tom wrote:
Philly-bnb wrote:

Totally, made me quit skating right then and there. Well that and a bunch of rolled ankles.

werddddd
unfortunatley i started skating again

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
-tom wrote:
Philly-bnb wrote:

werddddd
unfortunatley i started skating again

I can't nor will I ever. I'm lucky I can walk properly because of the shape my ankles are in.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
i just do it to fit in...Frown
plus im wicked good

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
plus im wicked good

same.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
It was kinda an accident really, I was riding along in a foresty area, when i basically went around a corner and found a big jump, of course i had brakes, but your right they didnt work amazingly well, so down i went (all 30ft) it was more of a slope than a drop off, but I was like wwwwwwwooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, and then just continued looking for things like that, then just got another bike and done even more, got to know the local scene

FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:15 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
plus im wicked good
haha really humble too:PBeer

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
ive always liked biking but i didnt really start to seriously getting into it untill a couple of months ago, main because of my two friends who do it

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
i loved biking in like grade 2 or 3 my dad built my a ramp outa a 4x4 and a peice of wood i painted red
photo

AND ID PUT 2x4's under it to make it bigger and i just always bikes i got into blading and skating but i still rode my bike to the little park and i would bike half the time

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012749
Mobile Version of Website