Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

best forks for dirt jumping, must have lockout, for street and park

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
best forks for dirt jumping, must have lockout, for street and park
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
the older manitou blacks are not really designed for the jumping and street and whatnot, but you can lower them too 90mm and lock them out, maybe put some stronger springs in. they're also standard quick release... not sure what you prefer.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
i know i'll sound like a major noob but can someone please tell me why u want a rigid fork for street?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
it would be smoother, because with a suspension fork it cushions big hits, and with rigids it wont bounce around

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
murraydmr wrote:
it would be smoother, because with a suspension fork it cushions big hits, and with rigids it wont bounce around
the whole point of sus forks is to cushion big hits

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
Does he want a fork with compression adjustment that effects it alot? To the point where it would be super stiff for street, or plush for DJ's. Get a 318 which is what I have, the compression adjustments can make it plush and soft, or stiffer for the park.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
i have dj1's which are good for street. everybody who has a different fork is like-theyre crap and heavy. they are good forks-i think only 100grams heavier than argyles but may be wronge-they have air pl and rebount adjusts

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011260
Mobile Version of Website