Powered by Outside

The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?

PB Forum :: Transition
The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
I WOULD SAY GET SOME HALO SAS RIMS, DEITY STEM AND BARS, CRANKBROTHERS 50 50 PEDS, CHARGE SEAT, MAXXIS HIGH ROLLERS OR MAYBE SOMTHING ABIT MORE HARDCORE FREERIDE YOU KNOW THE SCOREWhip Jail . AND SOME MAZOCHI 66 AND YEAH JUST WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT BUT 100% SHIMANO. CYA DOWN AT THE LOCAL TRAILS SOON BUDDY.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
bikerider22 wrote:
I WOULD SAY GET SOME HALO SAS RIMS, DEITY STEM AND BARS, CRANKBROTHERS 50 50 PEDS, CHARGE SEAT, MAXXIS HIGH ROLLERS OR MAYBE SOMTHING ABIT MORE HARDCORE FREERIDE YOU KNOW THE SCOREWhip Jail . AND SOME MAZOCHI 66 AND YEAH JUST WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT BUT 100% SHIMANO. CYA DOWN AT THE LOCAL TRAILS SOON BUDDY.

Thanks buddy I know you love a bit of Whip Jail Camera thanks for the ideas
hey i have found a picture for boldi Army

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
Crank bros 50/50 pedals are deffinelty awesome but i find if you dont locktight the screws holding on the plates they fall off and you cant find screws and its a huge pain in the butt so i stopped ridding them.. also they are a tad bit on the heavey side... imo

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
dan23 wrote:
Crank bros 50/50 pedals are deffinelty awesome but i find if you dont locktight the screws holding on the plates they fall off and you cant find screws and its a huge pain in the butt so i stopped ridding them.. also they are a tad bit on the heavey side... imo

i think they can be a bit slippy, i prefer v12 as there screws are really grippy

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
dan23 wrote:

i think they can be a bit slippy, i prefer v12 as there screws are really grippy

yea the v12's are sweet... u can get em in white and red too

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
BikeRider3 wrote:
dan23 wrote:

the only problem with getting v12 in a colour is that you can see all the scuffs and scratches, thats why i got them in plain silver so you cant see the scratches

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
BikeRider3 wrote:

the only problem with getting v12 in a colour is that you can see all the scuffs and scratches, thats why i got them in plain silver so you cant see the scratches

i dh with mine and my hit off rocks and i cant tell

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
the bottlerocket- perhaps the most generic bike of 2008...
dont get me wrong i would love one, but you there are FAR better ss bikes out there- maybe get a Mythic Wildcard
mythic:http://www.freeborn.co.uk/shop/frames/full-suspension/413-mythic-2008-wildcard-frame

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
I am hopefully going to build a bottle rocket from the frame up and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the spec. It cant cost a fortune as well so if anyone knows of any cheapish strong parts that would help loads. Thanks

Fox 36 Vanilla, Talas or Float
Fox DHX 5.0 Air
i-9 wheels Free-Ride or All Mountain Model
FSA Gravity Lights Cranks
Sram X9 Rear Derailleur & shifter
Thompson 50mm Stem
Synchro Gain 7075 Bars
Transition Step Down Pedals
FSA Orbit Z Headset
Avid Juicy 7 or Avid Codes Brakes
Goodridge Brake Lines
i-Beam Seat & Post
e13 LG 1 Guide

That build should get you in around the 33lb to 35lb range

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
bikerider22 wrote:
I WOULD SAY GET SOME HALO SAS RIMS.....100% SHIMANO

OK WE GET THE IDEA. anyways, no dont get SAS's they're just heavy, get something lighter and something that not everyone has. Spank rims are a good contender, nice and strong. Shimano?! Sram is more defined and has always worked well, a piece of piss to set up too.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
i like the spec. of this br Smile

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
i've built up a few bottlerockets and i really hate how they ride with totems/66's. imo...it feels amazing with a domain 318. it's been my favorite bike so far....plus they're ridiculously cheap

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 0:15 Quote
photo

just depends how u ride i guess. But this feels realy nice.
40lb build. maybe a bit heavy for a little bike, but solid and reliable.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 0:17 Quote
KtownKilla wrote:
photo

just depends how u ride i guess. But this feels realy nice.

this is what i want to build it up like probably

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 0:26 Quote
I love my specs on my bottlerocket

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013761
Mobile Version of Website