Powered by Outside

brakes or no brakes

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
brakes or no brakes
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
summeroffit wrote:
adambmx wrote:
I DO STREET PARK AND DIRT

so you ride dirt? did you honestly need to ask if you need brakes? of course you do.

why would you need brakes riding dirt? if you need brakes riding dirt you shouldnt be riding dirt or any bike at all. period -hearts- love. peace

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
almost got run over by a train on dirt jumper, brakes

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
almost got run over by a train on dirt jumper, brakes

**note to self don't build jumps near trains**

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
everyone says go brakeless. my brakes f*cked up so i took them off for a month. the other week i got some evoII. that night i was going 3x faster. trying more things not worried bout traffic. i still ride a brakeless style. i dont overuse them. only if i need to. summary. good if you realy on yours brakes. lets you control you bike a lil better. but after a while put the back on

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
just outta intrest, how do u stop?

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
that is the million dollar question

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 23:41 Quote
ok i was trying to ride my friends dirt jumper across town today and it doesnt have a brake. I pretty much had to go slower than tar to not get hit by passing buses. If you're thinking of ever commuting ANYWHERE with it, brakes are essential

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
localboy9 wrote:
that is the million dollar question
lol. well do u want 2 win a million dollars???

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 2:35 Quote
Its all preference, personally i run a back brake on my bmx, simply because i dont have a need for the front one, since i live in a more or less flat seaside town. Although there is some fat hills around in, and when i go to my dads (overlooks the town) i am thankful for my back brake Smile But i can see why people run brakeless.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
stevie-b-123 wrote:
just outta intrest, how do u stop?

stick your foot in the back tire xD your shoe wares down really fast though [x

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
no...just sit on your seat and stomp the ground with your feet...easier on the shoes...

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
ive been riding brakeless for about 2 months now, its made me alot better cuz u have to speed judge every thing and u cant pucci out.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
I like my brakes.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
no...just sit on your seat and stomp the ground with your feet...easier on the shoes...

no thats boring and doesn't look good

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
hmmm looking good or going through shoes every week...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010895
Mobile Version of Website