Powered by Outside

08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
stinky they have beeen around forever and are extremley developed
u can do anything with it
my friend did a 10 10 3 no problem with one

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
photo

photo

Mines the top one and who said the stinky is lighter.
I find that stinkys come with way worse compenets.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
shore . konas have terrible geo. I know from experience the hard way. i think a jamis for xc rides better for street. no joke.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
norcos sound like shit when you ride them, i hate all my friends norcos

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
brownstone wrote:
I had and older Stinky (first generation from 1999) and it was pretty good do everything bike, up or down but the suspension was a little springy, then I switched to a Shore in 2002, great bike for going down but tons of pedal bob going up. It really felt like a slug going uphill, good bike overall but now but in 2005 I was able to pick up a Stinky Primo (04 model) and although it weighs the same as the Shore did it climbs way better and feels great on the way down. A lot of people bag on the Kona's but I really like the way they ride. I haven't ridden the latest generation of Stinky's that seem to be more downhill oriented but I haven't heard anything bad about them. So here's my break down for fast wide open stuff with little or no climbing the Norco gets the nod, for more all around riding (slower more technical) and climbing I prefer the Stinky's. Thats just my opinion and it may not apply to the newest models

I'm wondering how a single pivot faux bar out climbs an actual four bar?
I had both an 01 stinky and an 02 shore and the shore climbed far better.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
chron-blazerr wrote:
wahhhhatttt, there is 0 chainslap on my friends norco atomik 2008 i ride a socom and it has chainslap up its ass

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
dexmaster wrote:
chron-blazerr wrote:
wahhhhatttt, there is 0 chainslap on my friends norco atomik 2008 i ride a socom and it has chainslap up its ass
If you know how to maintain your bike correctly, you can remove a lot of noise. On my shore, the only noises i hear is the fork (juicy noise) and the tire when i land.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
charlou61 wrote:
dexmaster wrote:
chron-blazerr wrote:
If you know how to maintain your bike correctly, you can remove a lot of noise. On my shore, the only noises i hear is the fork (juicy noise) and the tire when i land.

its all about the velcro like the nice soft side of it, get the like stick on velcro pads and there will be no more sound

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
stinky no question! I have an 07 stinky and it is the best investment i've ever made. could be a bit lighter and it is just a bit noisy when you land (chain slap and shit) even though I have a lizard skin. But regardless, it will rock your socks!!!!

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
pinkperformer07 wrote:
stinky they have beeen around forever and are extremley developed
u can do anything with it
my friend did a 10 10 3 no problem with one

uhhh, what is a 10 10 3??

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
i did a 45 footer on my stinky over shot it by 20 feet and i have shitty forks and nothing happened even watch my video
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/25315/

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
superflyy55 wrote:
i did a 45 footer on my stinky over shot it by 20 feet and i have shitty forks and nothing happened even watch my video
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/25315/

WHAAATTTT!!??!?! are you kidding me?!
when you say shitty forks i'm guessing drop-off's right, now 40 feet on those man you're nuts.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
Kona Sticky = Lighter
Norco Shore = Beefy

Kona Stinky In My Opinion. Pimp

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
Shore, all the way! they ride EXCELLENT and can take alot of punishment you can build them up to spec real nice and VPS works flawlessly look at mine it takes everything i throw at it and laughes

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
being both a Kona and Norco hater i'd go with the Kona. way lighter and there way nicer then the 50 pound Norco's.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022949
Mobile Version of Website