Powered by Outside

Do You have "Street Vision"?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Do You have "Street Vision"?
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
copilot911 wrote:
bobbybiker14 wrote:
i have trail vision, i look at any cliff or road or hill or anything, and picture a rider hucking it. it doesnt matter what it is, i think, "what if it involved a bike?"

bmx forum lol
To be fair, "street vision" doesn't just apply to bmxers riding streets. Yeah it's more common for people to be travelling around town and see something than just be out in the wilderness somewhere, but it's more just having a talent to find lines to ride wherever you look....

It's just creativity, originality.... a bit of imagination coupled with the knowledge of what you know you can do on a bike, and you just apply it to the surroundings you're in, be it street, somewhere off in the hills, or even at a skatepark... just finding something new that hasn't been done, hitting something differently...

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
Dude I got Biking(bmx, mtb, and fixie) Vision, Parkour Vision, and Paintball Vision...not even close to just having just "street vision"

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Dude I got Biking(bmx, mtb, and fixie) Vision, Parkour Vision, and Paintball Vision...not even close to just having just "street vision"
what kind of gun you got?

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
bitterfish26 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
what kind of gun you got?

I just sold it off Frown since there is no way I'm going to be able to afford pb in college. But I this Orange and Silver NXT was mine. Still keeping my backup ion though
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-195.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v213/159/89/1056690195/n1056690195_1043669_367.jpg

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
my friends always make fun of it,they say oh look a puddle totally rideable

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
copilot911 wrote:
bobbybiker14 wrote:
i have trail vision, i look at any cliff or road or hill or anything, and picture a rider hucking it. it doesnt matter what it is, i think, "what if it involved a bike?"

bmx forum lol

oh, i didnt even notice, i just clicked to it from the front page where it has the new forums. haha.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
416rider wrote:
"Street Vision" is to look at architecture around towns and see whether obstacles and set-ups are ridable or not (I couldn't find a better word). Most pro street riders have the ability to do endless tricks on set-ups that the average person or rider would just deem un-ridable. When you look at a set-up or an obstacle do you see tricks that can be done on it or just pass it on? I hope you guys get what I mean. I think most street riders have the ability or at least some ability. When I see spots I'll think of several tricks that could be done on them, but if a pro came he would think of twenty more that would be possible.

How do you guys process spots?

I have street vision. And for some reason when im driving by places im always on the lookout for things that could be made possible to sesh.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
Stp1100771 wrote:
416rider wrote:
"Street Vision" is to look at architecture around towns and see whether obstacles and set-ups are ridable or not (I couldn't find a better word). Most pro street riders have the ability to do endless tricks on set-ups that the average person or rider would just deem un-ridable. When you look at a set-up or an obstacle do you see tricks that can be done on it or just pass it on? I hope you guys get what I mean. I think most street riders have the ability or at least some ability. When I see spots I'll think of several tricks that could be done on them, but if a pro came he would think of twenty more that would be possible.

How do you guys process spots?

I have street vision. And for some reason when im driving by places im always on the lookout for things that could be made possible to sesh.
i always pretend im biking really fast out side and i do step up onto roofs and do flips and shit:P

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
i think all real bikers have it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 23:12 Quote
i think the reason pros can do endless tricks on stuff that nromal riders cant, is because pros know how to do endless amounts of tricks and jsut find things to do the moff of, most people cant do all those lines liek pros because they dont know as many tricks as the pros do

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 23:35 Quote
having street vision starts to get annoying, when you're totally distracted from driving... Frown

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
My friends and I know all about this. We call it "Constant Line Syndrome". Sometimes we have it so bad that when one of us suddenly gets interested in something while we're driving around, chances are that it's not a cute girl. Cool

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
chainrxn wrote:
My friends and I know all about this. We call it "Constant Line Syndrome". Sometimes we have it so bad that when one of us suddenly gets interested in something while we're driving around, chances are that it's not a cute girl. Cool

+1 Beer

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
im always seeing stuff to hit, but its always ages away, when im in the car, but at sydney olympic park, the skate park is just the beginning of it, since were on 26" bikes, we cant go in, but we once found this sweet road gap
photo

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 21:52 Quote
i hate seeing all the sick banks on the side of the freeway. i know that riding them would most certainly involve death.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016427
Mobile Version of Website