Powered by Outside

transition bottlerocket for a little of everything?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
transition bottlerocket for a little of everything?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
look at intense bikes, norco, specialized, giant, marin and orange. just go and look at their freeride bikes.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
well I already know I do not like spec, norco, and giant but I will look at the others

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
Guys, is it really that hard to use the search? There are about a million threads about this on the Bottlerocket. But while I'm here, I will voice some of my input. The Bottlerocket is a heavy, and kind of pointless bike. It's single pivot suspension system is ineffective, it doesn't have very good small-bump absorption. I know this too, I own one, and I'm selling it because it doesn't do the job very well. If I were you, I would look at the Banshee Wildcard. No, I'm not a trend whore or anything, I know for a fact that the bike is good, and it's only in it's first year of production. You can change the travel from 5 inches to 6 and a half. That's perfect. I have a Norco Six, which has 6.5 in the back, and it is a great freeride and downhill bike. When you go to DJ's, just put it in the 5 inch setting, and you're golden. If I were you, I would rather just spend that extra money and et a way better bike. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
dude checkout the kona bass

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
DUKETHENUKE wrote:
dude checkout the kona bass
Why should he get the Bass? Do you have any information on it? Do you know it's intended use? The Bass is almsot like the Transition Double, meant for dirt jumping and slopestyle, and it gives you that extra little bit of cushioning. If you read the title, it says he wants to do DH to. I can't really see the Bass being an ideal DH bike, unless you were amazing at picking lines. I'm not suggesting that you get a 10 inch travel bike that you can plo through anything, but get a bike that can help you improve, but it corrects your mistakes too, like the Banshee that I posted earlier. Please, nex time you post, give some information, so you can help this guy out, instead of saying, "get the bass dude its so sick". Read that and see if that would help you if you were looking for a new bikeBlank Stare

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
kingherbz420 wrote:
im just saying that for $1300 for a frame of a free ride with 5 1/2 inches in the back is a lot when their is way cheaper and better bikes out their...

The thing is Transition is a small company, so they cant charge less like big companies. The thing with small companies you usually end up with a better built product cuz they have more hands on time with their bikes. I personally like to buy smaller companies for the support.

With that said have a bottle rocket, and I love it, it is by far the best bike I have ridden. Its not light but its not a tank either. Mine is built to 36lbs. I tend to hammer better down trails with my BR than my Demo. I am selling my Demo to buy a Blindside, im a Transition fan for sure....Not to mention their customer service is top notch.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
DUKETHENUKE wrote:
dude u are the biggest f*ggot ever

just calm down
Ahaha, how am I a fag? Just because you decided to give a dumbass response? I think you are the one who needs to calm down.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
DUKETHENUKE wrote:
ok big and tuff
Ahah, I didn't say I was big and tuff. I'm only 14 to be exact, and i'm not the biggest kid on thi site. But I sure do have a higher level of matureity than you. But let's get back on topic before this get's locked.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
so your not a big fan of the bottlerocket but you like the blindside?

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
sheepsrider wrote:
so your not a big fan of the bottlerocket but you like the blindside?
The Blindside is a completely different kind of bike. It's a full on DH and FR bike. It's average weight is about 41 pounds, so you won't be flipping it anytime soon. But yes, I'm probabley going to get the Blindside because I'll be racing tons this year.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
do you think a blindside is better than the gran mal? I wanted to get a gran mal

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
Well, the Gran Mal is basically the same as the Blindside, but the Gran Mal has 8.7 inches of travel (a little overkill for me) and the Blindside has 8.1. That's basically the only difference.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
last question is the specializes sx any better than the transitions for freeride considering the price.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
Well, depends what model of the SX you get. But yes, any of the SX bikes are very reliable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016171
Mobile Version of Website