Powered by Outside

Say What?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Say What?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
nickwhite wrote:
Get a shithawk, and ditch the coaster, you WILL get bored of it.
You have no clue what he'll get bored of. Some people have been on coasters for years and never get bored of them.

bradyc wrote:
It'll be cheaper and from what i ehar its looking to shape up better then the reverse.
I don't know exactly what you mean by this. The Alienation is a Reverse clone with a different shell that Alienation wrote their name on (so, it can't be a better hub than the Reverse), and it sells for more than the KHE hub does (in conclusion, f*ck Alienation).

If you're saying buying a complete wheel will be cheaper then a custom then I most likely agree because custom wheels can get expensive.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
warrior1 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Get a shithawk, and ditch the coaster, you WILL get bored of it.
You have no clue what he'll get bored of. Some people have been on coasters for years and never get bored of them.

bradyc wrote:
It'll be cheaper and from what i ehar its looking to shape up better then the reverse.
I don't know exactly what you mean by this. The Alienation is a Reverse clone with a different shell that Alienation wrote their name on (so, it can't be a better hub than the Reverse), and it sells for more than the KHE hub does (in conclusion, f*ck Alienation).

If you're saying buying a complete wheel will be cheaper then a custom then I most likely agree because custom wheels can get expensive.

Thats exactly what i was trying to say. And I just remember seeing something about the bearings hold up better floating somewhere around the internet. I had no clue it was a clone. But my point was that the stock wheel will be cheaper then a custom.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
Have you tried a freecoaster hub before? If not I suggest you do. For some reason it's harder riding fakie on one of those than pedaling backwards. My friend got one and we both hated it, he got rid of it right away. Plus a cassette is just more fun.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
Kbone wrote:
Have you tried a freecoaster hub before? If not I suggest you do. For some reason it's harder riding fakie on one of those than pedaling backwards. My friend got one and we both hated it, he got rid of it right away. Plus a cassette is just more fun.

sounds like a waste, once you get used to it, it is fun

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
Kbone wrote:

sounds like a waste, once you get used to it, it is fun

If i havent tried freecoasting i wouldnt know i wanted one, it says i want one so i think i jave trie one

(not directed at you norcoman)

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
Freecoasting is fun for the first 5 months. Than you get down right bored of it.Thats what has happened in brantford, 3 people including me had coasters. And we all ditched them.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
the only bad thing is so speed control but then you learn to control your speed alot better and get better bike control...i donno it depends on the rider, i don't plan on ditching mine anytime soon cassette is pretty fun though...

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
I cant ride a cassette anymore its too weird. I cant even 360 on one, Im in too deep Frown

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
So got my first pay check 334, im getting closer if i sell ymy bike i will be one step closer

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
bradyc wrote:
I cant ride a cassette anymore its too weird. I cant even 360 on one, Im in too deep Frown

seriously i ride cassette almost everyday and i can still ride it and a f/c fine...

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
well I'm getting my dehart tomorrow so i will give you some info on it and for cranks i wouldn't recommend Wombolts hollow bites are good or you can always look into macneils or red lines devices. everything should be sweet! also as the other person said look into second hand stuff is true i bough a wtp supreme hub laced to Alex rim and federal forks for 120 bucks i also got a Alex b laced to macneil cassette hub for 70 the otehr parts on my bike are new.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045322
Mobile Version of Website