bb7s for DH or other cheap brakes......

PB Forum :: Downhill
bb7s for DH or other cheap brakes......
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
Yeah, 9's have no modulation, either.

Well, customer's always right. I'd head to BB7's.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
mongoosering wrote:
I'm using BB7 on my 07 DEMO8.
It's OK.
And I've tried Juicy5 and Juicy 3.
Juicy5 has a wider control range. The braking power ramps up a bit slower than BB7.
So I think they're both good brakes. But still, I prefer BB7 over Juicy5. I feel BB7 is more powerful.
Juicy3...mmm...crap.
Maybe I'm gonna buy a set of Juicy7 with hope floating disks later this year.
photo

thanks for your post and can you run disks that dont mach your brakes

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
just for people looking for answears i got the bb7s and there not powerfull unouf for dh so i returned them and got hayes carbon stokers and ill never go back to any other pruduct exept maybe codes but i love strokers and the handle melts in your hand also there very udjustible

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
how much are strokers for a pair, i know that alivo's are $160 for a pair (no rotors) and they are used on the canondale perp. a super heavy bike

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
my carbon strokers are 340 on price point but but there top model(i got them because im going to race) but you can get the trails wich are exactly the same exept for the levers for 280-300

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
hha thats like more than i have until i sell my laptop

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
yeah i had to sell my windsurfing board to get my new strokers and 888rc

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
yeah it kinda sucks but i bike more and i still have etra moenyBig Grin

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
i was running 25$ brake on my dh when i was building it up because of a budget.. it didnt work well at all, but worked. but bb7's are some of the best mechanical breaks out there, so they should be good

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
mongoosering wrote:
I'm using BB7 on my 07 DEMO8.
It's OK.
And I've tried Juicy5 and Juicy 3.
Juicy5 has a wider control range. The braking power ramps up a bit slower than BB7.
So I think they're both good brakes. But still, I prefer BB7 over Juicy5. I feel BB7 is more powerful.
Juicy3...mmm...crap.
Maybe I'm gonna buy a set of Juicy7 with hope floating disks later this year.
photo

Honestly man, Juicy 7's are not much better than Juicy 5's, other than the external pad adjustment. I have them on my XC bike, and I've had nothing but basolute problems with them. Not from ther performance however, just pet peeves. I'm a mechanic, so any small noise coming from my bikes drives me nuts, and the Juicy 7's are constantly, and mysteriously squeeking a high pitched nails-on-chalk-board squeek. I would rather point you towards the new Saints (Which are now 4 pistons!Big Grin , XT's, or ANY Hopes!. Can't go wrong with Shimano or Hope. I haven't heard anything but good so far too about the Formula One's. Anyways, good luck with your choice!

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
i agree, are u sure ure brakes are aligned and ure rotor is straight/true

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
Ya man, I've swapped pads, put new rotors on and adjusted them umpteen times and still the same result.

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
I have the same problem with my 7's
No matter what I do the high-pitched squeel always comes back
I've solved this problem by turning up the volume on my Ipod.

As for cheap breaks, don't get the J3's, they fade like mad and have a tendency to stop working.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
Well, I'm buying a pair of juicy7 used.
They're cheap.
So I can just try it, and sell it at the same price if I don't like it.
Let's see.
But thanks for the input, guys. I'll keep them in mind.
And I'm looking forward to save enough money for a pair of HOPE mono4, or formular the one.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054795
Mobile Version of Website