Powered by Outside

Mbuk just came

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Mbuk just came
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
o lol nvm im out of here lol

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
anyone know how come its didnt come out til now?

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
theres not enough pics in dirt for me to wow at, and as the other guy said, the articles dont really intrest me

... i really hope you're not serious, dirt is photo driven

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
barley

i think you mean barely?

But Dirt is based upon being very un-orthodox in the editing/graphics department. IMO Dirt is a much better put together magazine than MBUK. That said, i'm a DH/DJ'er which is the specific target market of Dirt Rather than the XC/DJ/DH/Trials/FR/SS market MBUK is aimed at.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
exetertim wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:
barley

i think you mean barely?

But Dirt is based upon being very un-orthodox in the editing/graphics department. IMO Dirt is a much better put together magazine than MBUK. That said, i'm a DH/DJ'er which is the specific target market of Dirt Rather than the XC/DJ/DH/Trials/FR/SS market MBUK is aimed at.

Totally, I looked at my friends the other day adn it seems like they're trying to put people off reading. One article had big pillars of colour randomly inserted in the text. Like it was going for some kind of artsy style. I gave up.

I dont buy either. They're a waste of paper and money when you can see everything on the net. But MBUK is especially gash. I find it hard to believe people pay good money for a subscription.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
meh- wrote:
exetertim wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:
barley

i think you mean barely?

Totally, I looked at my friends the other day adn it seems like they're trying to put people off reading. One article had big pillars of colour randomly inserted in the text. Like it was going for some kind of artsy style. I gave up.

I dont buy either. They're a waste of paper and money when you can see everything on the net. But MBUK is especially gash. I find it hard to believe people pay good money for a subscription.

And all this coming from a person who uses the word "gash" to insult something Rolleyes

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
i'l said what i've always said. It's a matter of choice. They both do what they're supposed to do. I just prefer the look of Dirt, and how they write their articles. When I read it, it feels as if they aren't taking you for a complete idiot, and don't overuse user friendly phrases which make things easier to understand. I like a challenging read, and dirt does that for me. When I read MBUK, I feel like i'm a complete idiot, who doesn't know the intended use of a bike which says 'Downhill' on the side. It feels like they think you know nothing about bikes what-so-ever.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010392
Mobile Version of Website