Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Ns suburban or Dobermann pinscher?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ns suburban or Dobermann pinscher?
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
yeah its safe to say its preferance really. some might prefer one a tiny bit then the other. pretty much 2 of the best frames about compared to alot of the crap frames on the market

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
rockymountianflow wrote:
the top tube lengths make them spin faster
you can run 26 inch wheels on the 24 inch frame that would make it even shorter

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
Choice the suberbantup

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
the suburban my friend is selling one too check him out his profile name is thedemo8man Big Grin

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Get a suburban. They are mint. they're light, ride well nice, cheap and come in good colours. just one thing wrong with them, they're not strong. I cracked mine! lolBig Grin

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
what do you ride more of? street and park or dirt jumps?

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
cegik wrote:
what do you ride more of? street and park or dirt jumps?
Well i ride dirt once in a while, but i mostly ride street and park.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
I own a Dobermann Pinscher and my buddy has the NS Suburban so I am in a very good position to run my mouth right now. It will depend a bit on the parts that go on the frame, how much you spend and what you really want out of the bike but.......If you plan to do mostly street riding, you will find the NS Suburban is the lighter bike of the two. You will find it about a pound or 2 less when you build it up. But, at the same time, the Dobermann will definitely be the tougher frame out of the two. I have heard of a few people breaking NS frames (including the dude above ^^). As far as looks, the Dobermann has way more color choices (including custom colors and glow-in-the-dark), whereas NS has a rather shitty palette of colors to chose from i.e. White, Balck (which will be impossible to find), Ugly yellow, and Ugly Purple. My buddy's NS is the better street bike and my Dob is more at home on the Dirt, but that's also how we built up the bikes. I'm not trying to make up your mind, just help you make an educated decision. If you are buying your parts new, be prepared to spend at least $3000 or you're going to have a shitty (or used) bike. I've got a pic of my rig on my profile and my buddy put up pics of his white Suburban on here yesterday. Good luck dude!!

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
recklessness wrote:
I own a Dobermann Pinscher and my buddy has the NS Suburban so I am in a very good position to run my mouth right now. It will depend a bit on the parts that go on the frame, how much you spend and what you really want out of the bike but.......If you plan to do mostly street riding, you will find the NS Suburban is the lighter bike of the two. You will find it about a pound or 2 less when you build it up. But, at the same time, the Dobermann will definitely be the tougher frame out of the two. I have heard of a few people breaking NS frames (including the dude above ^^). As far as looks, the Dobermann has way more color choices (including custom colors and glow-in-the-dark), whereas NS has a rather shitty palette of colors to chose from i.e. White, Balck (which will be impossible to find), Ugly yellow, and Ugly Purple. My buddy's NS is the better street bike and my Dob is more at home on the Dirt, but that's also how we built up the bikes. I'm not trying to make up your mind, just help you make an educated decision. If you are buying your parts new, be prepared to spend at least $3000 or you're going to have a shitty (or used) bike. I've got a pic of my rig on my profile and my buddy put up pics of his white Suburban on here yesterday. Good luck dude!!
Thanks! That was really helpful. (im not being sarcastic.)

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
No problem dude. If you have any more questions, feel free to message and ask me. I have an advice guy for the build I'm currently working on and it really helps when you have someone that owns the bike to bounce questions off of. Whatever frame you chose, it will be very sweet. I just checked the frame weights and the Suburban is almost a pound lighter. Cheers dude.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
i have a suburban and it is mint-the geo is awesome and it is super light. people say that the suburban frame is weak but i know it will last me like another year or two. i would have thought about a dobermann but hard to get hold of in the uk. i am pretty sure the dobermann would be stronger

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
photo

is that your friends if it is how does it ride and is it light?

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
So Kyle, have you decided yet?

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
ride24bikes wrote:
So Kyle, have you decided yet?
Yes, i partly have. Its going to be: if i can get 400 by august when the shipment of suburbans come back in, then ill get the suburban. If i cant get 400 by then, then ill wait til november or october or w.e and get the pinscher.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
savagepaul wrote:
photo

is that your friends if it is how does it ride and is it light?

Yes that is my buddy's NS and it weighs in at 26.5 lbs. Any questions, just ask.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024374
Mobile Version of Website