Powered by Outside

nailing into tree's

PB Forum :: Trail Building
nailing into tree's
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 1:04 Quote
i have never ridden a trail with shore constructions on it that wasnt nailed into trees somewhere

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
what i do is: i figure out how high on the tree i am going to put my bridge.
get my main board thingys, the main trees for the structure. then, i drill a hole in the tree were the tree will go, then i drill a hole in the main tree. then i take a big long galvonized bolt. tsick it through the frame tree, hole it up to the hole in the tree, get someone to hammer it in, then i repeat. then tighten them like hell

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
Nailing into live trees is just plain lazy. If you can't build structures without nailing into live trees, you are not a very good trail builder. I have seen tons of "shore structures" as you call them not nailed into live trees.

If you've ever been in a sawmill, you've seen all the holes in the roof from the machines hitting nails and sending them mach speed in the air. That's how guys at mills get killed on the job.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
valleyrider wrote:
Nailing into live trees is just plain lazy. If you can't build structures without nailing into live trees, you are not a very good trail builder. I have seen tons of "shore structures" as you call them not nailed into live trees.

If you've ever been in a sawmill, you've seen all the holes in the roof from the machines hitting nails and sending them mach speed in the air. That's how guys at mills get killed on the job.
if its not ur land, and u build on it...then its ur fault if u get caugth and someone gets hurt...and also, whats wrong with nailing into a tree? unless u like put massive spikes through them, and a bout 10, and then bellow that, u cut a bunch of cunks out of the tree..then it will like die, but putting a nail into a trees not go ing to kill it..

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
we just go around after building count the amount of trees we have cut and the amount of trees we have nailed to then we plant new trees

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012105
Mobile Version of Website