Powered by Outside

Freeride Hardtailing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride Hardtailing
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:40 Quote
man im stuck of deciding wether to keep riding a ht or switch to a fully cuz im starting to to some freeriding and a lot of drops

FL
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:42 Quote
wouldnt it be "hardtail freeriding"?

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:46 Quote
Ride the hard tail for a while until you get good at trails on it. I take drops with mine all the time 5 to 15 feet and she's takes it

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:47 Quote
bonzibryan wrote:
Ride the hard tail for a while until you get good at trails on it. I take drops with mine all the time 5 to 15 feet and she's takes it

what kind bike you got?

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:47 Quote
Kona stuff with a 66, my rear wheel is shot though

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
man tahts so much travel for a kona cuz the tech over there goes crazy if anyone puts mopre that 100m travel on any kona hardtail lol

Mod
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
I run 135mm on my free ride version(my bike is really versatile and is used for more stuff than freeride)... 150mm fork when it gets new cartridges. Get the right components and a ht can survive the abuse... if you don't spend too much on your bike at first you may find that you ugrade a lot of stuff over the first year or two.. due to breaking stuff and figuring out what you need(like a chainguide etc.).

Banshee Morphines have always caught my eye as being a good stock bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
Rode hardtail for a long time then switched to a fully 2 years ago when my back and knees couldnt take the abuse anylonger. Both have there positives.

Mod
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
allday wrote:
man tahts so much travel for a kona cuz the tech over there goes crazy if anyone puts mopre that 100m travel on any kona hardtail lol

so many people put big forks on Konas. My friend ran a 7 inch 888, and I've seen lots of other konas ht's with huge forks. Apparently they can handle them pretty well.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
I've been on my kona with a 66 for about a year and it's been fine. It use to have a drop off or something but I tweak sauced it, the fork was more bent in than out anymore.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 15:55 Quote
Edtung wrote:
Yeah I've been riding a hardtail for a long time. Thinking about switching to a full suspension. Anyone have opinions or advice for when to switch to a full suspension?
yeah me too any help?

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:36 Quote
starcbiker wrote:
Edtung wrote:
Yeah I've been riding a hardtail for a long time. Thinking about switching to a full suspension. Anyone have opinions or advice for when to switch to a full suspension?
yeah me too any help?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a reply.. Confused

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
what do you guys htinka bout the brodie omegaa ?
should i upgrade to a btter bike ?
whats your opion.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:49 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
Look into the Transition Vagrant, Norco Rampage, and the Norco Manik.

Definitely the Transition they make the best bikes in the world

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
well im into some dirtjuming nothign too bigg
are 5-6 ft gaps so big ?
for a small stock bike ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020681
Mobile Version of Website