Powered by Outside

How do i finish my tailwhip!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How do i finish my tailwhip!
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 13:08 Quote
sammyp wrote:
crazythang1o1 wrote:
wow like i didnt know that one. i need to post a video and it will show what im doing wrong. The people here just have no idea on how to finish a tailwhip because none of them can.

Yea, you're right.. i have no idea how to whip.

In fact, watch this video. theres a ton of different whips in there. Then tell me i cant whip.

thats was pretty mint man i love where you jsut ride along the rail thats pro just based upon those vids id sponser you anyday im more of a mountian biker but thats still pretty sick

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 13:21 Quote
tail whips are really hard, on bmx i can occaisionally get my legs back over the bike but i have a habbit of over spinning into a 180 whip. on mtb they are a lot harder, just try to keep your body above the bike and get your leg out over the back or the top tube and try to catch the pedal with your foot. there are different ways this is just one of them. do what you find works for you.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
oh man sorry about thaat one i ment the people in my town haha. i was in a rush at work when i wrote that one. thanks for the video to it's helping

sammyp wrote:
crazythang1o1 wrote:
wow like i didnt know that one. i need to post a video and it will show what im doing wrong. The people here just have no idea on how to finish a tailwhip because none of them can.

Yea, you're right.. i have no idea how to whip.

In fact, watch this video. theres a ton of different whips in there. Then tell me i cant whip.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 6:44 Quote
crazythang1o1 wrote:
yo man dont come on here and call me a dumbass. you coulda said it with out the dumbass in it. Im like at the same point as the guy with the video, trying to learn them over dirt jumps. I can get to the point where the bike lands first right beside me then my feet hit. im sure all i need to do is commit to it and i should get it.

but you were sarcastic which would have been just as insulting. thats if it was aimed at you which it wasnt. meh.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 13:04 Quote
what you are suppose to do is kick your bike hard with the foot you wont and keep your bike level and move handle bars around when moving and then when it come back around you push your bike down and then jump and put your feet up like that i have been doing them for a while now so try it

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 3:22 Quote
you don't need to kick hard....it screws up your flowiness when doing the trick its all your arm movement...

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
allright. The thing that i found out about tailwhips is if u dont give ur arms the same a mount of whip as you do for ur legs u

are going to end up with an ugly ass whip and a realy sore back!Eek first just try standing on the ground and whiping them

from one side to the other. than once ur comfortable with that, try to jump on them once the come around. ive heard people

say lay on ur back and try to do them, but i have never tried that(SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT). Dont get pissed if u cant do

them after 3 months, it took me 5 to get them, ugly though, and 7 months to get them clean. just dont bring ur bike up tward

ur face, thats the mistake i was making

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
wait to kick it until you level out more and lean foreward, that will keep the backend up.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 5:57 Quote
norcoman1314 wrote:
you don't need to kick hard....it screws up your flowiness when doing the trick its all your arm movement...

AH I SEE, SO YOU'RE SAYING SAMMY DON;T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKIN' BOUT ? IS THAT IT ?

WHERE ARE YOUR VIDS THEN.

D O N ' T T A L K 5 H 1 7 !

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
why cant people just accept that everyone does things differently, bearclaw does taiwhips the wrong way! chopper stays above his bike and gives it a huge ass kick whearas cam mcaul lets the bike spin around him. so dont say over people are wrong because theyre only trying to help, and to the comment above: SHUT UP, all the guy is just saying not to kick to hard, he didnt say your wrong,he didnt say shut the f*ck up your talking sh*t, so chill out!

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 3:05 Quote
fresh2death wrote:
norcoman1314 wrote:

AH I SEE, SO YOU'RE SAYING SAMMY DON;T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKIN' BOUT ? IS THAT IT ?

WHERE ARE YOUR VIDS THEN.

D O N ' T T A L K 5 H 1 7 !

uhhh wtf you talking about...i've heard people say that they tailwhip WITHOUT kicking AT ALL...and plus im talking to the guy above me...

"what you are suppose to do is kick your bike hard with the foot you wont and keep your bike level and move handle bars around when moving and then when it come back around you push your bike down and then jump and put your feet up like that i have been doing them for a while now so try it "

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
haha adair im gunna get em before you!!!

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:13 Quote
everybody does them a diffrent way

my personal tip: dont try like every body does to put your leg over the bike... just put your foot on the pedal and when you will have that dialed the other leg will come easily

my freind tried it that way and he's got them and im getting a foot on

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:32 Quote
they are difficult, i can just bout get my leg back over on a bmx but mtb im struggling with it,imlearning360 drops atm but when theyre dialled il try whips

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
TIP: some people say learn it on a bmx its easier it is but it f*cks you over for when you try it on a mtb this is my 3rd day learning tail whips and I get them to right beside me and a couple times to 1 pedal but I switched over to my mtb and I cant even keep it level anymore because Im used to the lightness/flickability of a bmx Frown
Anyone have tips on how to keep the bike level/stay high enough to get over the top tube

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014741
Mobile Version of Website