Powered by Outside

Giant Trance XO vs. ?

• Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The Trance X0 which is Giant’s highest-end model costs the same as an average equipped SC Nomad will. Just look at the specs for the price and you will see what I mean. You are getting a far superior kit with the Trance compared to what you get with the Nomad dollar for dollar.

Your right, the specs will be much better on the Trance XO, and it will be especially nice because I am getting a great deal...

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:25 Quote
N8theGR8 wrote:
there is no other option. konas hasnt redesigned thier bike in like 5 years.

Yah i agree, forget the kona ay! how about the highly aclaimed specialized stumpjumper fsr, all models are under 13kgs have a far better suspension system,decend far nicer, and have a real lifetime frame warrenty u can race competitive events with!! i know what id buy ay.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
The Trance X0 which is Giant’s highest-end model costs the same as an average equipped SC Nomad will. Just look at the specs for the price and you will see what I mean. You are getting a far superior kit with the Trance compared to what you get with the Nomad dollar for dollar.

Your right, the specs will be much better on the Trance, and it will be especially nice because I am getting a great deal...

well you said money wouldn't be a problem...

but still, in terms of money vs performance. Yea, the nomad's frame alone costs more a mid-range Trance =P

However, if you want the best performance and your planing on doing more than just XC racing (all mountain and downhill? Thats the best part of MTBing). Then nomad all the way.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
vysis wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Your right, the specs will be much better on the Trance, and it will be especially nice because I am getting a great deal...

but still, in terms of money vs performance. Yea, the nomad's frame alone costs more a mid-range Trance =P

However, if you want the best performance and your planing on doing more than just XC racing (all mountain and downhill? Thats the best part of MTBing). Then nomad all the way.

The only reason being I was looking for a wider range of suggestions, but seriously, I wish money wasn't a problem!

But XC racing for me! I find it a bit more rewarding to pedal up to the top and be able to go down than paying 40 bucks and taking the chairlift. I know a few people will disagree with me, but thats ok.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
The Trek seems like exactly what you're looking for. If the EX9 is too expensive, look at the EX8.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
Okay, i'll check it out right now. ^^

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
vysis wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:

The only reason being I was looking for a wider range of suggestions, but seriously, I wish money wasn't a problem!

if you want a pretty badass 5 incher i also reccomend this one...http://feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1526&pid=8725...this is lowest model but they go up alot in price for the nicer models...

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
konastinkyrider2 wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
vysis wrote:

if you want a pretty badass 5 incher i also reccomend this one...http://feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1526&pid=8725...this is lowest model but they go up alot in price for the nicer models...

Those are sweet, my only problem is they are not spec'd the way a 4K big should be IMO...

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
I have a trance x built up with a coil pike, wicked racin dualrailler guide, xt drivetrain, dt swiss wheels, juicy 7's w 7 in rotor up front and it's at 29 lbs. I abuse the hell out of it and it's a blast. I run it at 140 mill front and you can set the rp23 to setting 3 and run the floodgate full on and it feels like a rigid until you hit a bump or run it full squishy. Stock trance xo's are like 26, 27 lbs.'s I wanna say. The 09's are lookin sweet!! Fox qr15 on the front.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
i hear the santa cruz blur lt is a really good ride or even the pivot mach 5 i hear is really nice. The trance is probelly a good bike to get though, ive ridden the 07 reign 1 xc and it climbed very well for being 31 lbs. So the trance xo would be even better.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
oh yeah the new blur lt's are really good. but like someone said the SC frames cost alot so you would get a better package on the trance.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
vysis wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:

But XC racing for me! I find it a bit more rewarding to pedal up to the top and be able to go down than paying 40 bucks and taking the chairlift. I know a few people will disagree with me, but thats ok.

well no, mountain biking is way more than just downhill/cross country. Consider styles like north shore, all mountain, jumping? Are both your wheels ever going to leave the ground? Are you ever going to go down any steep descends with rocks/roots. You have to realize that cross country mountain biking is usually on very tame, flat trails with no rocks and roots... thats not exciting =/

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
vysis wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
vysis wrote:

well no, mountain biking is way more than just downhill/cross country. Consider styles like north shore, all mountain, jumping? Are both your wheels ever going to leave the ground? Are you ever going to go down any steep descends with rocks/roots. You have to realize that cross country mountain biking is usually on very tame, flat trails with no rocks and roots... thats not exciting =/

Really? XC trials are nothing as you described.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/jul08/usnationals08/index.php?id=/photos/2008/jul08/usnationals08/usnationals0812/DSC_0092xc

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
^^Correct. I just spent a week at Northstar, an I saw a lot of things that I would normally see on a XC race course: Steep, loose downhill sections, tight, technical sections of single track, etc. The only difference is that there are not too many drops with XC, but I enjoyed myself all the same. Smile They used to be like that, but people started using and winning with cross-style bikes, so, they made courses require suspension and technical skill. And yes, my two wheels will leave the ground, but I won't be hucking to flat or dirt jumping, so I think the suggested bikes are the right style for me. 2 cents

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013818
Mobile Version of Website