Where are all the good trails in B.C.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Where are all the good trails in B.C.
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
Williams Lake, BC Interior

Trailpeak.com:

"Williams Lake is the new hot bed for big time freeriding and is probably the #1 destination for the serious riders."

"Everyone rides bikes here. Everyone likes to party it up and enjoy life a great deal. My kind of place.

You really get a sense of the old west here. The annual rodeo is the event of the year for many. Vast expanses of the Chilcoltin Plateau, just to the west, were never surrendered to the British. The Chilcoltin people consider us invaders, and have been unofficially at war with us for over a century. They seem to be pretty nice folks in spite of that technicality.

The riding here is similar to the Kamloops and Okanagan style. Being further north, there is more timber, and so more stunt building. Many trails boast large ramps and elevated ladders. The occasional creek or road gap spices things up. Of course, if you like to run the steeps, Sick and Nasty will throw you for a loop every time. Essentially a sixty foot freefall down a clay chute with a natural table jump in the run out."

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
t0mh wrote:
They're secret..
yeah the really good trails are all hidden and hard to find...

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
Superman199 wrote:
where are any really good trails other than the watershed?
Watershed is kinda boring but amusing for a couple hours... wait till next season when they get around to fixing the gravity bowl.
In richmond(I live here as well, I'm the guy on the blue doberman/brownish stinky terrorizing everyone... also got the only red/white dodge dakota in the bloody province) there is the steveston park. just into burnaby theres the edmonds DJ's, bonsor park over near metrotown... if your going that far you might as well sesh up metro while your at it.
theres a bunch of stuff up in north van.
aside from that I can't be of much help.

might help if you tell us what kinda trails you are looking for Wink

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
ok so if i had to go to one town/city to ride the best trails where should i go

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
trekriderOWS16 wrote:
ok so if i had to go to one town/city to ride the best trails where should i go
north vancouver, obviously.
the northshore is world renowned.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Heritage mt. in Port Moody is really nice for beginner freeride

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.060114
Mobile Version of Website