Powered by Outside

Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
i hope bos get's big. that fork looks amazing.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
i'm buying some RST triple crowns for my bike, they're amazing quality, although a little heavy they're AMAZINGLY cheap.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
merkel wrote:
i'm buying some RST triple crowns for my bike, they're amazing quality, although a little heavy they're AMAZINGLY cheap.

definitly. they are simple. usuially meaning a low price and relyable easy to rebuild internals.

when and if my custom sherman jumper somehow dies after all this time then im gettin a 36 talas rc2 lowered to 100 or an RST Space. a $1500 or $350 fork. big difference.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
neilv wrote:
i think white brothers in coming back into the game.

and there is a japanese company. i doint know the name. koos? woos? something like that. but they are supossed to be really nice. pinkbike did a review on them.
Showa.

White Bros does make nice forks from what I hear. An underappreciated fork would be the RockShox Revealation. Sub 4 lbs with a Maxle Light.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
Yeah, White bros are amazing. Foes makes a fork I think..
Society, but thats just RST.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
I know cane creek has a rear shock...The Double Barrel... i hear its pretty sweet, even tho its kinda irrelevant in this thread :S

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
Showa I think makes only custom stuff actually, don't quote me on that. They made the inverted fork for the Honda gearbox bike

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
Foes makes a proprietary fork+hub combo for FOES frames only

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
Special X size hub/ axel? Or just for the hell of it?

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
I think it's a tapered steerer and like a 26 mm hub... Pretty pointless but whatever, I'm sure it's stiff

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
I think it's a tapered steerer and like a 26 mm hub... Pretty pointless but whatever, I'm sure it's stiff
Oh, yeah, they needed to rid of the dangers of the flexy, delicate 20mil. Razz

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
it's an inverted fork isn't it? so they need the bigger hub to accomidate for it without making the axle weight 3 pounds. the x-fusion delta was the same. except i think it was a 28mm axle.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
it's an inverted fork isn't it? so they need the bigger hub to accomidate for it without making the axle weight 3 pounds. the x-fusion delta was the same. except i think it was a 28mm axle.
Actually, I don't believe it is...

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
neilv wrote:
merkel wrote:

definitly. they are simple. usuially meaning a low price and relyable easy to rebuild internals.

when and if my custom sherman jumper somehow dies after all this time then im gettin a 36 talas rc2 lowered to 100 or an RST Space. a $1500 or $350 fork. big difference.

what do you mean talas LOWERED to 100, its adjustable externally, 100-130-160. and its not 1500, its like just under 1000. but there are a couple of pros who DO run the RST space, i haven't heard anything of it but it should be solid.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
The foes fork is not only made for foes bikes. I know Fionn Griffiths has/had one on his norco.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015606
Mobile Version of Website