Heeeeelp Meeee!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Heeeeelp Meeee!
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
transition trail or park or blk mrkt mob

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
jaredhp2 wrote:
not this years its perfect with a 100mm check the site
ok, i didnt know how much they changed it, i assumed it would still be a bike best with 160 ish

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
skiline1337 wrote:
transition trail or park or blk mrkt mob
he cant afford a mob

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
simtras dropouts are sooo f*cked. friend has one and its been nothing but trouble for him.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
has anyone heard anything bad about the kona shonky both 08 and 09?

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
Presence wrote:
doesnt the 09 shonky come with a rigid fork?Madder The 08 shonky ive ridden it I love it. Some of my friends actually built up a 08 shonky frame they love it. Its a great one. Ide say shonky or riot.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
Presence wrote:

yes its a kona so everything i hear about it is bad

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
skiline1337 wrote:
Presence wrote:

cmon stop being a typical sterotype. A bike company is a bike company. Yeah they've been overpriced in the past few years and they cheap out on there completes componets. Like the stinky whats up with that rear shock? Other than that they make nice solid frames and are good. Why does whistler use them?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 3:24 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
skiline1337 wrote:
Presence wrote:

cmon stop being a typical sterotype. A bike company is a bike company. Yeah they've been overpriced in the past few years and they cheap out on there completes componets. Like the stinky whats up with that rear shock? Other than that they make nice solid frames and are good. Why does whistler use them?
because if properly maintained, they are arealitively cheap bike, they probably get a massive deal for buying so many too.

everyone thinks kona's suck, but truly, they have the most problems because theres a lot more of them than other bikes.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
I just hate how you pay more for a stuff than a shred when the frame is the same, and
the components are basicly the same. or at least they used to back in 05 when I used
to MTB

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
erik74 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
skiline1337 wrote:

because if properly maintained, they are arealitively cheap bike, they probably get a massive deal for buying so many too.

everyone thinks kona's suck, but truly, they have the most problems because theres a lot more of them than other bikes.
we had a kontest...back in to my country and i met a guy in a train with kona bike (kona bass i guess dual sus) He was heading the same way as me and we had a small talk with him. Basicly the guy just got a new bike from kona and he is quite good in freestyle so kona sponsoring him.
It was just a small dual slalom kontest. ~100 people. in a quoter final his frame broke (i dunno what do u call those parts of frame which are connected to rear drop outs) basicly one of them cracked and seperated from the frame ...rear wheel came off...the drop was not more then 1.5 m high...He didnt let anyone to make any photos for a reason (otherwise kona wont be happy about those pic's in internet)

Conclution - Kona frames are just really shity ....

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
But Im not buying bass Im buying the shonky maybe, its chromoly not
aluminum so dont compare the two. Im dirt jumping and skatepark with
it with a pike 454 at 90mm. the geo should be alright?

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
chromoly is stronger but it will absorb the shock worse then aluminium...however still will live longer

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
DynamicQ wrote:
chromoly is stronger but it will absorb the shock worse then aluminium...however still will live longer
cro-mo absorbs the shock better since it flexes more...

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
erik74 wrote:
DynamicQ wrote:
cro-mo absorbs the shock better since it flexes more...
aluminium is softer !?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018577
Mobile Version of Website