Powered by Outside

Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
DHbiker225 wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:
yes, the rake of the rear shock has been changed.
The guy obviously wants a stinky. If you read what the questions was.
I would go with buying a stinky for the sake of your local trails and put up with it for the park.

i think he wants advice, not a stinky

No, it says he either wants a stinky (freeride bike) or some sort of downhill bike.
He is trying decide between a stinky (freeride bike) or a downhill bike.
If you want to give him some advice on a bike, you could point out some good downhill bikes.

or if you really wanted to help him, you could give your opinion on whether he should get a freeride bike or a downhill bike.

read the question again

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
DHbiker225 wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:
yes, the rake of the rear shock has been changed.
The guy obviously wants a stinky. If you read what the questions was.
I would go with buying a stinky for the sake of your local trails and put up with it for the park.

i think he wants advice, not a stinky

man you read my mind.... your not watching are you?

haha. mind freak, enter my mind

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
guys the kid wants advice, not a bunch of mindfreak bullshit.. LOL

but seriously come on

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
if he was asking what is the best freeride bike, I would have the options of what other freeride bikes are out there, but that is not the question he is asking

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
okay well ive clearly stated my advice, but as for bikes, the new bighits are nice, n if they kept the old geo theyll be a good idea, i like the riegn too. umm corsairs r sick too. the point is whatever he does he should NOT get a stinky

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
if he was asking what is the best freeride bike, I would have the options of what other freeride bikes are out there, but that is not the question he is asking

hes asking if its good. and its not lol

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:

you just dont get it, do you.

My opinion is that you get a freeride bike for the sake of your local trails and climbing and put up with it at the bike park.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
ok, guys, thx to the people with advice, how much would a ncely kept 04-07 dhr cost, thx.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
ok, guys, thx to the people with advice, how much would a ncely kept 04-07 dhr cost, thx.
its hard to say i love my bike, and im not sure how much it would go for... maybe $1200-$1500??? and i do everything on it, its not the best i know, but i like it

photo

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:

you just dont get it, do you.

My opinion is that you get a freeride bike for the sake of your local trails and climbing and put up with it at the bike park.

I dont think you get it, hes asking people for there opionions on whether to get a stinky or a DH bike, n were saying neither, because they both dont suit what hes doing...espescially the kona

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
ok, how about a used DHR or a used RENTAL sunday from diablo? which one, and dont comment about the stinky, because it creates problems.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
how gnarly are the trails your riding locally? like snowshoe tech,
or rough bike path

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
bottlerocket. put a 36, lyrik or totem on it. ther you go

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
depends, me and my buddies built some drops and jumps and we also sneak into a state park sometimes for some real hardcore DH. so a little bit of everything.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
i live in ct. there really isnt anything good. nepaug is fun, haven skatepark is good. but u dont need a heavy bike, something medium travel and fairly light

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011336
Mobile Version of Website