Powered by Outside

Help me with a build!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Help me with a build!
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
Well since ive decided that ill be getting a sunday frame schwartz/2nd wave, i'm trying to figure out what build to get. I don't want it to expensive but i would want a sub 25 pound bmx, it to be strong, and for it to have a good colour scheme. I'm going to put a spec list below that will be blank except for the frame. I will edit my post when i figure out what part i want for each thing.
Frame:schwartz
Fork: Odyssey directors
Bars: colation holly cross
Cranks: conjoined
Chain: kmc sl710
Grips: Edwin delarosa
BB:a cheap one
Headset: kink intergrated
Hubs: profile mini ss cassette(rear) profile mini front hub ( 3/8 )
Tires: asm (read) glh (front)
Rims: 7k-a
Spokes: titanium ones
Pedals: wellgo mg-1
Seat: kink slim pivitol
Seatpost: (Its built in to the schwartz
Stem:kink relif

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
Just build something that's similar to your dream build you wanted. Maybe change a few things if it's too expensive.
photo

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Just build something that's similar to your dream build you wanted. Maybe change a few things if it's too expensive.
SNIP
It was something like 2000 on 3ride but on dans it was around 1200

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
justin99 wrote:
SNIP
If you switch out the Twombolts for either Stolen cranks or Eastern Stealths that'll lower the price a bit. What wheels are those? Are the pedals Animal Hamiltons?

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
justin99 wrote:
kyle7 wrote:
justin99 wrote:
SNIP
If you switch out the Twombolts for either Stolen cranks or Eastern Stealths that'll lower the price a bit. What wheels are those? Are the pedals Animal Hamiltons?
Those are wombolts not twombolts. Those are hamilton magnesium sealed i think. Those are proper wheels

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
justin99 wrote:
kyle7 wrote:
Those are wombolts not twombolts. Those are hamilton magnesium sealed i think. Those are proper wheels
Still, switch out the the wombolts for Stolens or Easterns and maybe get some plastic pedals or aluminum pedals to cut down the cost.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
never get ANY eastern after market parts unless its a frame
If you want to cut down the cost like i said conjoined

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
Well since ive decided that ill be getting a sunday frame schwartz/2nd wave, i'm trying to figure out what build to get. I don't want it to expensive but i would want a sub 25 pound bmx, it to be strong, and for it to have a good colour scheme. I'm going to put a spec list below that will be blank except for the frame. I will edit my post when i figure out what part i want for each thing.
Frame:2nd wave/schwartz
Fork:Odyssey classic race
Bars: Demolition PA
Cranks:Mosh digital 2
Chain:Kmc K710 SL
Grips:Edwin delarosa
BB:Fit Mid 22mm BB
Headset:Colony integrated
Tires:Revenge industries
Rims:Stock proper wheels Purple
Pedals: Demolition pedals
Seat:Macneil capital pivotal
Seatpost:Animal pivotal seatpost
Stem:Odyssey elementary V3
get a second wave...

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
chris-- wrote:
Macneil Conjoined cranks snap. I haven't heard of anybody who has snapped Stealths. The only reason people hate Eastern is because there have been people who have snapped the Grim Reaper frame. No other parts or frames made by Eastern are known to snap or break easily.

*Edit- My post about people snapping Grim Reapers contradicts what you said about never getting Eastern aftermarket parts unless it's a frame. My bad.

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
hendu wrote:
dude instead of making a new thread every thought you have just change the title...
Agreed

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
justin99 wrote:
chris-- wrote:
Macneil Conjoined cranks snap. I haven't heard of anybody who has snapped Stealths. The only reason people hate Eastern is because there have been people who have snapped the Grim Reaper frame. No other parts or frames made by Eastern are known to snap or break easily.

*Edit- My post about people snapping Grim Reapers contradicts what you said about never getting Eastern aftermarket parts unless it's a frame. My bad.
Ahha yeah i love the frames,
people are to trendy now a days
and they follow alot off bull.
But yeah nvm on the conjoineds id say like profile or redlines.
there pretty light and tanked

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
I dont think stolen cranks are any weaker than twombots, probably stronger. So i say they are a good alternative to cranks nearing the 200 dollar mark.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010277
Mobile Version of Website