Powered by Outside

Should I take off my black bits?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Should I take off my black bits?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
jac114 wrote:
yes take all the black bits off. It would ride really well without tyres or cranks

it would ride well without tyres and cranks?
wth u mean?

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
no he was being sarcastic as the author asked if he shoulkd take ALL his black bits off and his cranks and tires are black Smile

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
erik74 wrote:
change the number under the stem until u find whats best, the ones you dont put under can chill on top. once youve found the best spot, cut your steerer tube down (u dont have to, but its cleaner looking and if u managa to hit it in a crash, it will definitily hurt). if your not sure how to cut the steerer, go to your local bike shop, prevents you from messing up.

Cutting the tube:
Hack saw (new blade)
Electrical tape

How: Wrap the electrical tape where you want to cut the tube so you have a "guide" for a straight line. once taped get the saw and cut.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
ulan wrote:
erik74 wrote:
change the number under the stem until u find whats best, the ones you dont put under can chill on top. once youve found the best spot, cut your steerer tube down (u dont have to, but its cleaner looking and if u managa to hit it in a crash, it will definitily hurt). if your not sure how to cut the steerer, go to your local bike shop, prevents you from messing up.

Cutting the tube:
Hack saw (new blade)
Electrical tape

How: Wrap the electrical tape where you want to cut the tube so you have a "guide" for a straight line. once taped get the saw and cut.
electrical tape is really flexible though, so it might not turn out straight

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008270
Mobile Version of Website