Powered by Outside

O-Cup

• Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 16:47 Quote
looks like theres going to be a lot of riders this year. i'm new to the scene as well and i'm not really sure how to get started. i'll be 19 next september so would that put me in an 18+ type category?? can anybody tell me where to go to get started? thanks Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 18:03 Quote
foxx888 wrote:
looks like theres going to be a lot of riders this year. i'm new to the scene as well and i'm not really sure how to get started. i'll be 19 next september so would that put me in an 18+ type category?? can anybody tell me where to go to get started? thanks Smile

You will be racing Senior Sport if I'm not mistaken

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
jondurham wrote:
foxx888 wrote:

You will be racing Senior Sport if I'm not mistaken

senior sport?? hahaha i feel so old. can anybody direct me on how to get started??

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
One of the guys at the local dj's does O cup on a Nomad with an air shock and says it's great.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
are there age categories?

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 16:13 Quote
also, some of the u-18 hardtail racers (cam and rob)have times that would do very well in the elite 19-29..its onterrible, you don't need a dh specific bike.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
free629ride wrote:
free629ride wrote:
Eh I started racing O-cup last year, I only did one race which was the #4 at blue mountain,just to get a feel for what dh racing was all about I was trying to sell my full blown out Race ready Orange 223 so i could get a bottlerocket. The reason being that O-cup has alot flat sections and a 5.5 inch bike with an air shock would be amazing for racing DH in Ontario and would pedal alot better then a dh bike, I would highly reccomend getting it for racing , see you in O cup next year , Im on an Orange 223!!

So how did you like the racing scene?
I have heard they have a really good vibe going on. I raced some XC back in high school about 5 years ago and found people to be really rude and snobbish if you wern't all decked out in the spandex and such. I am planning on racing downhill next year as well and was wondering how you liked it?

Eh man , ya the scene is really chilled out , of course like anything you get the occasional a*shole but all in all everyone is just out there to have fun racing there bike , you should defiantly race next year , and if you have the fitness level of an XC racer you should do well.goodluck man

I definitely found this a real biggie on here. Almost all the guys at DH races are nice, will help you out, Ect.
One thing, with the beginner classes, Its full of a bunch of sandbagging cocky bastards that need to learn when to shut the hell up. But once you get outta that catergory, sandbagging no more! (I'm still in the begginer class for the V.I. cup.)

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 17:11 Quote
yeahh the reign xo would be a perfect bike for all the ocup races...look into the nomad too that bike looks amazing..... on the occup curcuit ive seen person with a nomad and he had dhx air on it and he was ripping it faster than anyone.. deifently look into that aswelll

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
wannakona wrote:
I also have an O-Cup... related question. I recently picked up an 05 Norco Rampage and was hoping to try out some DH races next spring/summer. So far I have looked at O-Cup and Sirbikealot but can't get a whole lot of information as to what is best for me. I saw the U-18 Hardtail class, and well that seems to be the only one I could do. I have moderate DH experience, Bromont twice, Blue, North Shore and Whistler each once. I was thinking about doing 2-3 races depending on how many I can get to. If anyone can give me (or Norco61) any help as to how to get into this, then please do!
Youd be in the cadet catagorie.To sign up for a one time or get a membership go to ontario cycling assosination.com(srry if I spelt it wrong)

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
ride66 wrote:
I think bikes adapted for pedaling in the Ocup are more like
IH Sunday (If you're planning to so some of the race in Quebec)
IH 7point
Specialized Demo
Intense Uzzi VPX
Giant Reign
And the list goes on...Just pick a quick and nimble bike in fact!
Something light enought and pedal-friendly!

I hope to challenge you soon buddy!

Dude, dont listen to this. These are all mad expensive bikes! All you need is a good 5-7" of travel bike! Try maybe lower travel bikes! The only trail that you need a bike with alot of travel is camp Fortune!

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
hey guys what do you suggest for a beginner thats never really raced before? i just got a norco shore 3 and would like some tips on what to expect and maybe some help. i want to race bad. little freaked tho.

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 5:13 Quote
Start by resurrecting 6 year old threads. But in all seriousness, just sign up and do it. The new courses are built so anyone can ride them, but only a few can really slay it. Everyone i've met is super approachable and welcoming. Its a great scene, I've met some of the coolest people I know racing.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055698
Mobile Version of Website