MONEY!

• Next Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 20:36 Quote
You have to be at the top to make a GOOD living and there isn't that many there. If you want to live in a low class housing you may be able to bike for a living. Keep it as a hobbie.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 20:40 Quote
starfox wrote:
the only reason im askin this is im looking into biking as a possible career and my dad doesnt think i will be able to eat and buy a house and stuff like that

Good Luck dude tup Not in a bad way, just you have to make a hugeee commitment

FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
Yup, and then in a few years when a younger and faster kid comes up and keeps beating you and your sponsor drops you because you aren't on the pod anymore and you keep hurting yourself, then what? You become a sales rep for the eye wear company that used to sponsor you? It's not a sustainable income, that's the problem with it. Enjoy it while you can if you get the chance, but put some of your earnings in the bank for that day when you find yourself unemployed at 28 years old.

nate

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 20:48 Quote
sevvv wrote:
bquamb wrote:
You're very correct Numbers are good. 0123456789.

Depending on who sponsors you determins your income... Hoffman = 400k-1m+ a year...

that help... you ungreatful basterd

Where the hell did you get that figure from? No Hoffman rider makes 400k a year, not even remotely close.
you forgto matt when he was in his prime cuz he is the hoffman.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 20:56 Quote
mark416 wrote:
lol jordie lunn still lives with his parents

hell, if i was him i would live with my parents too. Have you seen his house... its sick!

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 21:31 Quote
Actually most of these guys still live with their parents and/or have jobs on the offseason. Like nate said. This isn't a long term career either. Have one bad accident and you could be retired before your 30. Keep it as a hobby. I'm sure you don't want to move back into your parents basement at 30.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 23:17 Quote
a few years ago i was told berreclothe signed with specialized for a 250,000$ contract, base package, before bonuses and stuff

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 23:33 Quote
mynameiscam wrote:
Unless you're someone like Sam Hill or Steve Peat, a world cup circut rider you really make the same as a minimum wage full time employee at McDonalds. There really isn't any money in biking at all unless you're at the top of the podiums in the World Cup, and even then they don't make much.

Cedric does real estate on the side, if I have heard correctly. You couldn't live a nice life on you're biking wage alone.

Hey i work at mcdonalds

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:53 Quote
i heard that you can sign some pretty big contracts like 150,000 a year on one sponser so if you have lots that would be good and you make profits from the movies your in and i have aslo heard that you make 2 bucks an hour filming. I don't think that will get you very far. But i think that you can survive pretty well. Some bikers have really nice houses. But who knows they might do something on the side of biking

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 18:37 Quote
kmarsh wrote:
mark416 wrote:
lol jordie lunn still lives with his parents

hell, if i was him i would live with my parents too. Have you seen his house... its sick!

yea i know he has a sweet house but come on he has to move out some time

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 18:38 Quote
Actually his dad gave that house to him. He no longer lives with his parents just in the house they used to own.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
well then...He is one LUCKY guy

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
iridekona wrote:
when cedric gracia rode for cannondale i heard he was paid around 400 large from cannondale alone. i can imagine it's around there because he has houses all over the place

thats why he also sells cars for a living?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030567
Mobile Version of Website