Powered by Outside

Who/what inspired you to mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Who/what inspired you to mountain bike
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
I'm from the Netherlands, and grew up there. So, I was practically born on a bicycle. From there I just decided to go Mountain biking, never looked back. Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
hadn't even heard of mtbing till I won a copy of Drop in season one at a geography competition and fell in love with bikes.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
me and my friends just made little jumps when we were really young and ive just been fascinated with biking. My dad took me on xc rides and i thought it was sweet got serious into xc. Then my town got a bmx track raced bmx. I saw my first local dj comp and ever since then ive been shredding on dirt jumps

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
runner wrote:
Everybody who's better than me.

same here. my friends from school rode for a while and i finally went with them one time. im competitive so now i go out to beat them everytime. we just push each other harder each time.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
My parents, took me on a mountain bike ride when I was like 3 and I've been hooked since! tup

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
I raced motoX for years and got hurt to many times. had a 2 year brake and started some XC/DH for fitness and havent looked back since.
Love to jump still and im 40 next summerSmile

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
Watching NWD 4, basically. My first contact with mountain biking was watching that video for the first time and watching Cedric Gracia do a suicide no-hander over a road gap...

Later, when I could pick my jaw up off the floor, I went out and earned a bunch of money, bought my Eastern Slash... started riding this summer. Smile

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
my mate took me to his jumps 6 months ago. Now im f*ckin hooked on DJ, Freeride, DH and Street

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 10:08 Quote
Watching Romo in Drop In 4 years ago got me hooked. Watching him still gets me pumped to get out and ride.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
no one i have alwys liked bikes and dirt so it was natural,and road bikes tyres are to skinny.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
Vince Botai. (Big V)
He's Hella Sick.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
SHAWN PALMER !!! and he's back Big Grin

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
I saw a bunch of guys riding some dirt jumps and knew i could do that way better than they were. two months later i was addicted to cross country, downhill, and dirt-jumping.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
Gotta give it up to my buddy ROB.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012845
Mobile Version of Website