Official Somerset Freeriders / O.P Trails Thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Official Somerset Freeriders / O.P Trails Thread
Mod
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:03 Quote
TDBC have emailed me about the Rowan Drive DJs. The three ward councillors have approved the plans, they're now checking to see if it needs planning permission, then will need to do a public/resident consultation. The soil etc is all set aside and waiting for the green light.

I've been talking to the County Gazette about a possible summer/semi-regular "extreme" sports supplement - Biking, Skating, Parkour etc. It's in the bounding ideas about phase, but I went to school with the two editors concerned and one of them is a rider so finger crossed....Smile
If it goes ahead, we'll be needing input and ideas from the various groups around the county.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
if im of any help.. let me know

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
no problem, keep and eye on ewarts blog in the future, he posts some good local stuff, plus his a Vandal team rider Smile

Mod
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 4:47 Quote
Dirt is being delivered for the Rowan Drive dirt jumps at this very moment Big Grin

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 5:09 Quote
This is in the park behind your estate right?

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
Behind your estate?

Are these gonna be Dirt Jumps? If so, I am gonna have to come ride them!

Mod
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 11:29 Quote
Yeah, I'll keep you posted on it. Speaking to council again tomorrow. Kudos to Ollie Green for the designs (I'll post em up later).Smile

Mod
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 4:53 Quote
Check my album for progress pics...clicky

Mod
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
Trail closure.....Nod's trail (formerly "bumpy") is currently closed for work. Salute

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 0:44 Quote
Hiya guys,

Looking forward to giving rowan drive a go, also can't wait to get up portman to try the new rock garden! Looks great!

Jamie

Mod
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 4:39 Quote
Anyone available for weekday dig days or Saturday mornings (till lunchtime)?

It's also getting close to insurance renewal time...donations would be greatly appreciated.

Salute

Mod
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
Insurance time peeps...anyone wanna help? Need to raise £420 by May.

I'm applying for grants atm...gonna need you help here guys - will link you to a "show your support" thread. Basically need lots of names and a few testimonials.

Dig days.....when is anyone up for building? Post whatever days/times you can commit. We really need to get moving or there's gonna be nothing decent to ride this season.

Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020030
Mobile Version of Website