Powered by Outside

Good security tips for your bike!

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Good security tips for your bike!
  • Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 1:46 Quote
dirtbag420 wrote:
So I just had my 2000 Black Dodge Dakota stolen from my house.... I live in Guildford, Surrey (yeah everyone laugh Razz ) so it's not like it was never gonna happen here. Anyways, I've got my stereo equipment in it and know that when ICBC replaces it they engrave your Drivers License number into it in case it ever gets stolen again. So! Why not do the same on your bike, but more stealthily or artistically.

I've seen the sharpie graphics and what not on the frames and that is rad. Why not incorporate your Drivers License number or your Personal Health Number (as some of the kiddies on here don't have DL's) into the artwork already on your bike. That way it looks like the original art on the bike or a regular sticker that you just slapped on. But if it's stolen then instead of the police hopelessly searching for a Serial Number on the frame they just see your DL or PHN number right there in the artwork! You could incorporate all sorts of things like your full name, your phone number or even your address! I dunno, it seems like a decent idea. Since I am now a victim of theft I'm gonna up security on everything i own cuz I am pissed off to say the least.

And yeah! If anyone sees my truck pinning it around the plate is 1903KC and it's got three adidas stickers on the back window - Blue Yodai sticker, Black Adidas sunglasses sticker and a Red Burna sticker. Call the cops if you see it. It's been two days now, had a full tank of gas and I haven't got a call whether it's recovered or not. The mother f&^%ers are probably still driving it around.

im wondering who is going to pay for this and who has time for this? I dont think your LBS will have time to do this. It is a good idea just no one is going to do it for you

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
NWray wrote:
or if u have letter punches punch your name,DL#,address and phone number into you seat post bars stem and any part that isn't prone to chipping

Then the person that takes the bike not only has your bike but they also have your contact information, not good.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
NWray wrote:
or if u have letter punches punch your name,DL#,address and phone number into you seat post bars stem and any part that isn't prone to chipping

Then the person that takes the bike not only has your bike but they also have your contact information, not good.

good point...

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
NWray wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
NWray wrote:

good point...

then you got some creep riding your bike to your house taking your tv

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
NWray wrote:
ezekiel wrote:

good point...

If some one stole my bike I would LOVE them to come to my house
Whip

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
cantthink wrote:
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
NWray wrote:

good point...

If some one stole my bike I would LOVE them to come to my house
Whip
not if you wernt home

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
I think there should be a self destruct button you could push remotely and blow the f*cker up. or maybe just a charge under each seat that would blow their nads clean off........

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
I think there should be a self destruct button you could push remotely and blow the f*cker up. or maybe just a charge under each seat that would blow their nads clean off........
I don't know I kind of like my pivotal...

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 6:14 Quote
i personally wouldnt care..... because if the idea worked all u would have to do is buy a new seat/post lol

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
these are good points i just rote my post cond the botom of my bb

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 6:57 Quote
i'm going to go and write on my bike now..Big Grin
thanks for the ideas!

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
leicestersteve wrote:
thanks for the ideas!
Wahoo for writing on things! Yeah whoo... Yeah..Geek

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
leicestersteve wrote:
thanks for the ideas!
Wahoo for writing on things! Yeah whoo... Yeah..Geek

twat.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 1:35 Quote
I write my name inside the headtube of my bikes. Not really to helpful on the search but if it is found i have a legit reason why it is my bike.But the artwork thing is a good idea!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014977
Mobile Version of Website