Powered by Outside

How to manual?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How to manual?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
Yeah I can do them on a MTB pretty easily. Oh well I just gotta keep working on it!

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
okay wow i went to cape cod for a weekend and since the rail trails are paved i learned manuals in about two days, now i can do them forever literally, i can do them so good that i just end up rolling to a stopping point(not to try and sound cocky or anything lol) but just extendyour arms fully, since i have no brakes i hold the grips with my fingertips, so wen i loose all my leg pump i can pull into my palm and keep it up, maybe ill get a video to further show you.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
fender101punk wrote:
It's harder on BMX's.. I went from MTB to BMX and you almost have to re learn how to manual. It's especially harder when you don't have any brakes. But with practice I got them down pretty good

I went from MTB to BMX and it was way easier... idk maybe i just got it easily i never did my manuals with breaks always felt weird.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
the secret to keeping your balance from side to side is to hold your elbows out really wide and pivot the bike left to right with your arms.
the only example i can think of is this video. watch the persons handlebars how they move from side to side in the manual.

[YT=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2_Rf5qPO4]

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
really i find holding your arms wide 1 doesn't work and 2 looks like shit
IMO manuels are about style, if it doesn't look good its really stupid
i belive in a manuel your arms should be fully extended and your knees bent, the just "hump" to balance

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
i lean back and get as low as possible to get the best possible g-force ya dig?!
keep in mind with doing this i can manual a good block and a half Smile

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010834
Mobile Version of Website