Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

(DH) Control at highspeeds?

PB Forum :: Downhill
(DH) Control at highspeeds?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
99% of the time, luck.

HAHAHAHA your funny dude its pur skill you cant dh with luck on ur side youll lose

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 15:39 Quote
Listen somtimes befor a dh run i get the jitters of excitment and fear but once im riding all i can think about is wow this is the coolest sport in the world and if anyone arguse with me i'll slap them to be honest i just dont think of crashing if u do ya will,if ya keep your head up and have your wits about u and of cours confidence then you can win races oh and you gatta have skills

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
When I really get in the "zone" I'm totally pinning it and don't let anything slow me down. When you're going that fast you just have to stay confident lean back and lay off the brakes. You would be surprised of the obstacles you can just roll over if you just let yourself go. I have no idea about how I can clear some of the rock gardens I rail through. For me, it's 90% mental, I know that I have the ability, but having the guts to just pinner' through a rock garden is where I can fall short. I'm by no means the gutsiest rider out on the hill, but if you can just tell yourself "It's going to be alright" normally, it will work. And if all else fails I just haul down on the breaks, and try not to skid. It's that simple.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
jf951 wrote:
a big trick is looking far up the trail. you dont stair down right at ur front tire so you have a lot of notice whats comming up.
when you get into "the zone" it just becomes mechanical and you react so fast

agreed. when you look down the trail then you can see what you're about to ride and mentally chose your line before you even get there. by the time you get to what you were just looking at, your mind has already told your body how to handle it.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010017
Mobile Version of Website