Powered by Outside

Marzochi Or Rockshox?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzochi Or Rockshox?
O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
for dj i gotta say my argyle 318 feels amazing compared to when i had a dj2. for fr i really like my 66 and ive tryed a totem as well and they both felt pretty good.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
there are ups and downs for both company's:
marzochhi:pros
-they're strong
-they need almost no service
-they have a big line up of product
cons:
-they're very heavy
-not as smooth
-open oil bath(extra oil meens fewer but more expensive sevices)
-chunky

Rcokshox:pros
-they're light
-amazing smooth
-easy to service
-preset to perfection
-trigger lock out(XC)
-best performance(DH)
-lightest strongest(DJ)
cons:
-they have been known for flex
-more breakage

Rock shox are way better i have both i way prefer rockshox

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 11:59 Quote

lol pinkbike splits my sides with laughter sometimes,14 and you know it all.

i have seen on a good few websites that the rc3 was a step backwards,as the rc2x was the best marzochhi ever did.

even the 06-07 66 series forks had some flaws with misaligned lowers causing stiction in the sliders,im not saying rockshox are any better i think the maxxle is slightly flawwed also,but so too is the marzocchi qr 20mm axle.

as for terms in quality the roco series shocks are really badly finished in comparison to the dhx 5 and vivid.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
rockshox all the way.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
marquis wrote:

i have seen on a good few websites that the rc3 was a step backwards,as the rc2x was the best marzochhi ever did.

even the 06-07 66 series forks had some flaws with misaligned lowers causing stiction in the sliders,im not saying rockshox are any better i think the maxxle is slightly flawwed also,but so too is the marzocchi qr 20mm axle.

as for terms in quality the roco series shocks are really badly finished in comparison to the dhx 5 and vivid.
Who said I knew it all? Ha, 30+ years old and you still think anyone younger is a retard.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:

Who said I knew it all? Ha, 30+ years old and you still think anyone younger is a retard.

lol i do not think everyone is a retard below my age at all,but until you test a lot more products than marzocchi your opinions are flawwed.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
marquis wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:

lol i do not think everyone is a retard below my age at all,but until you test a lot more products than marzocchi your opinions are flawwed.
Please show me, where does it say that I'm on either sides of this battle?

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:
streetstyle wrote:

remember that link you posted.

I'm sick of hearing about how bad marzocchi is, so I'm going to set things straight. The RC3 and RC2X are two of the most advanced systems out there today, along with marzocchi's plush reputation. Their reputation though, is going down. Why?

Well, marzocchi makes cost effective things, like manitou. Once we give our cost effective things to noobs, they break them (e.g: DJ3 or in manitous case: the stance.)

Once people started hearing bad reviews on the stance, they decided that manitou was terrible. This exact thing is happening to marzocchi because lazy ass noobs wont save up enough for anything good. So instead of blaming the fork itself, they go straight to the company and say Marzocchi is shit. Of course, anything low end is crap, but maybe if you bought something good for once in your like such as an 888 ATAWC, instread of an 888R, then maybe you'd have a different appreciation for the company.

I agree, the 55 series was an utter failure. Does that mean that the whole company sucks? NO. I haven't heard of any high end marzocchi with problems, only the low end OE crap. And for the record, Only the lowers are produced in Tiawan, not the internals or the uppers, just the lowers. Has anyone had problems with the lowers? NO!

Marzocchi is awesome, its the noobs that ruin it.

your basically blaming noobs for the downfall of marzochhi,you also argue that you have never heard of problems with lowers,yet i have just told you they did.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
marquis wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:

remember that link you posted.

I'm sick of hearing about how bad marzocchi is, so I'm going to set things straight. The RC3 and RC2X are two of the most advanced systems out there today, along with marzocchi's plush reputation. Their reputation though, is going down. Why?

Well, marzocchi makes cost effective things, like manitou. Once we give our cost effective things to noobs, they break them (e.g: DJ3 or in manitous case: the stance.)

Once people started hearing bad reviews on the stance, they decided that manitou was terrible. This exact thing is happening to marzocchi because lazy ass noobs wont save up enough for anything good. So instead of blaming the fork itself, they go straight to the company and say Marzocchi is shit. Of course, anything low end is crap, but maybe if you bought something good for once in your like such as an 888 ATAWC, instread of an 888R, then maybe you'd have a different appreciation for the company.

I agree, the 55 series was an utter failure. Does that mean that the whole company sucks? NO. I haven't heard of any high end marzocchi with problems, only the low end OE crap. And for the record, Only the lowers are produced in Tiawan, not the internals or the uppers, just the lowers. Has anyone had problems with the lowers? NO!

Marzocchi is awesome, its the noobs that ruin it.

your basically blaming noobs for the downfall of marzochhi,you also argue that you have never heard of problems with lowers,yet i have just told you they did.
I don't see one instance of me saying I liked MZ more than RS.. I was giving information to the MZ haters that only hate on MZ because they don't like their DJ3 or someone told them to hate Marz.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
^^^ this aint getting us nowhere,you like marzocchi but because some one likes another company,dont assume there haters.

marzocchi lead the way for a very long time,but have let things slip as of late.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
marquis wrote:
^^^ this aint getting us nowhere,you like marzocchi but because some one likes another company,dont assume there haters.
I never said that either. I'm talking about the people who say "Marzaratti SUX!"

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:
I never said that either. I'm talking about the people who say "Marzaratti SUX!"

lol do you have memory lapse,i give up i really do.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
marquis wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:

Cummon, show me, where did I say that anyone who like RS more than MZ was a hater? Where did I say Marzocchi was the best? Where did I say who's side I was on?
No wheres.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
marquis wrote:
streetstyle wrote:

Cummon, show me, where did I say that anyone who like RS more than MZ was a hater? Where did I say Marzocchi was the best? Where did I say who's side I was on?
No wheres.

reread the post where you left a link for,you said that the 55 was the only faillure that marzocchi had produced and none of there high end forks,your wrong the 66 the 888 all suffered with problems and failed.

if you did not mention once that you disliked rockshox then my bad,but in future try not to be a smart arse giving your opinion on a subject,when its obvious you have done no homework yourself i,e THE HIGH END MARZOCCHI SUFFERED NO PROBLEMS,IT WAS ONLY THE 55 wrong they all suffered problems,other point that all marzocchi from 08 are built and produced in taiwan including the internals.

i am not a marzocchi hater but for me rs produce a better quality item.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Everything has problems, you can't judge and entire company because of one thing. How has the 888 and 66 failed? The 888 had major issues at the start of the year, but they are fixed now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010155
Mobile Version of Website