Powered by Outside

gettin' the guts

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
gettin' the guts
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 16:18 Quote
joshmcgarel wrote:
sing to yourself. sounds stupid but it does work lol. also just dont think about it to much. to a point obviously but dont keep on thinking about it. esspecially what could go wrong. hence the singing. gets the bad things out your head.

hhhmmmm that sounds very familure, what i tend to do is find that line or music riff in my head and i pump it up which seems to work for me.

Lately i seem to have the tune from Ben Byoko about to nose tap that huge tree (not sure from which video) entering my head when i am rolling into something which requires my utmost attention.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 15:16 Quote
just do it just ignore the gap. you intend to land down the landing anyway, not in the middle. if you land well done, if you dont your helmet will protect your head so get up and do it againBeer

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
This is probably not the best idea, but when I first started, my buddy saw that I had problems building the Cahones to just go fast and get it done. Next time out he brought our good friend Jack D. along with us, and that seemed to help. Just be careful, because it can cause problems.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:16 Quote
take off your brakes and pedal as past as you think you need to go

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:29 Quote
what ive found works for me is to just hit stuff first try without even lookin gat it. i was at whistler this summer and i rode as many trails as possible. when riding the trails i hit everythign first try as it came and diddnt even attempt to think abotu how big it was or what i was actually doing. works for me. also, if i do stop and think about something, i find that i just randomly go. i'll be sitting there staring down what i have to hit, then i just hit it without even knowing that i am. it's weird. if i do fall, i find im not scared of said jump or drop anymore, cuz i already crashed once so how can it be worse? pain is temporary and chicks dig scars!

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:37 Quote
specializedrocks wrote:
I find it easier if you do a train, make your friend go off if first and just follow behind(this usually only works if your friends done it before
that always doesnt work i did a train with a freind of mine and he ate shitand i ended up running over him and his bike and then fliping over my handle bars onto my head.. it hurt

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
what i usually do when tryin sumthin new is to just forget everything, and go for it. it usualy workstup

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010538
Mobile Version of Website