PB Forum :: Downhill
Im 13 , need a fs dh bike under 1500 used what do i get
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
ocrap wrote:
snook wrote:
ocrap wrote:

^^ bulls#!t

No, very true.
I ride DH on a hardtail and beat my mates on Full Sus just because I out pedal them because of the weight difference.
mate the only reason i said that is because he may have been riding for years
and just because he is 13 it doesn't mean he can't handle a fs,

i would go for something abit more freeridey than a pure dh rig, something like a quake or a norco six or a kona stinky

im 13. i do full on dh racing and am doin quite well, and ive been on a FS since i was like 9-10.but ive been riding bikes since i was 2 years old though.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
here in ontario we have a dh cotagory called minime for like 12 and 13 year olds.. lots a young talent. great to see dh riders starting early.. i would recomend something like an extra small kona stinky. u can find em cheap and their a good starter bike with mid range components that are cheap to replace or work on.. i would also recoment an older used norco 4 by 4 if u can find like an 02 or 03 their fairly cheap and prefect for bigginers. even a giant warp ds can be turned into a started dh bike or a big hit grom. any of these bikes are in your price range and whould be fairly decent frames that u can build off as time goes by... then in the future once u have some nicer parts u get the nicer frames..since your just starting go with something simple and less costly. u dont wana have an expensive bike for your first dh bike cause trust me their will be times the bikes gona get crashed haha.

if your wondering my first dh bike was a small norco aline 2005 with monster ts... heavy as shit. cheap as shit. fun as hell. now ive learn t to ride a little better and treated my self to an orange patriot 7+. hopefully my input helps u out
cya buddy good luck.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
thebearb17 wrote:
theirs loads, if you look at the buy sell on here theres a lot of good ones check out
norco
giant
orange
iron horse
specialized
there all good mate just personal preferenece

i love how u mentioned orange. concidering its price tag here in north america.. shit dont come cheap definitly not for bigginers haha. do u guys compare norco to orange out their? we u live. cause over hear orange is like top end handmade goodness that cant be touched by norco kona etc..

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
iron horse yakuza kumicho or something its like 1400 new

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
a 13 year old getting a fs isn't a big deal.
i'm a 13 year old, and i'm getting a fs because my hardtail is starting to brake from doing stuff thats too big for it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
summit800 wrote:
here in ontario we have a dh cotagory called minime for like 12 and 13 year olds.. lots a young talent. great to see dh riders starting early.. i would recomend something like an extra small kona stinky. u can find em cheap and their a good starter bike with mid range components that are cheap to replace or work on.. i would also recoment an older used norco 4 by 4 if u can find like an 02 or 03 their fairly cheap and prefect for bigginers. even a giant warp ds can be turned into a started dh bike or a big hit grom. any of these bikes are in your price range and whould be fairly decent frames that u can build off as time goes by... then in the future once u have some nicer parts u get the nicer frames..since your just starting go with something simple and less costly. u dont wana have an expensive bike for your first dh bike cause trust me their will be times the bikes gona get crashed haha.

if your wondering my first dh bike was a small norco aline 2005 with monster ts... heavy as shit. cheap as shit. fun as hell. now ive learn t to ride a little better and treated my self to an orange patriot 7+. hopefully my input helps u out
cya buddy good luck.
thanks manBig Grin

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
i'm a 13 year old, and i'm getting a fs because my hardtail is starting to brake from doing stuff thats too big for it.
If you'd bothered reading the thread, that's absolutely fine, in fact we were encouraging that. We were saying that a 13 year old getting a FS before he'd learnt to ride well on a hardtail was a bad idea

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 5:03 Quote
im 12 and i have a ful sus

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
If you'd bothered reading the thread, that's absolutely fine, in fact we were encouraging that. We were saying that a 13 year old getting a FS before he'd learnt to ride well on a hardtail was a bad idea

yeah if the kid knows what he's doin then go FS but if he just started then a haidtail would be more appropriate.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
http://www.rscycle.com/Shop-by-Brand/Iron-Horse with free shiping

FL
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
is that 1500 nz$? because your really arnt gonna get much for that even used. maybe an 05 or 06 bighit?

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
I agree. wait till your a little older. start on a ht. you will build good bike handeling skills. when your like 18-19 get your fs and you will be ripping people apart.
transitionrob wrote:
Dude, ur 13, i dont recommend getting a full susser, the longer you stay on a hardtail the better rider u'll be. stay on the hardtail until ur at least 16 n have got a bit of muscle and skill to handle a big bike.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
ever considerd a scott voltage( one of the high end models) there bomb proof!!
i know someone who has one and he beats guys on fs rigs by miles , as someone else said because of the weight difference pedalling is made alot easier.
Pimp

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
ive been practicing on a giant boulder for like 2 years now!

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
A small stinky would fit the bill nicely, can find them for cheap and are a solid all round bike.

Ryan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013944
Mobile Version of Website