Powered by Outside

Manitou opinions

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou opinions
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
dcman6491 wrote:
localboy9 wrote:
mtn cycle, and thank you for understanding my situation. Ill have to post some pics of my two bikes because now they are both more built up for either dj or trails. It was on a dj spec'd bike and frame
not asking because of that. just wanted to know. that blitz is cool.
thanks, it was number 001 of the production, it was their first prototype

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
dcman6491 wrote:
talk shit about manitou but i had that exact same thing happen to my marzo dj. same spot but it was off a 4 stair drop into grass transition. i didnt even land rough. i bought another marzo right after. shit happens. dont shit talk the company cuz one of the forks you have from them broke.
unless they are suntour forks

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
skivt27 wrote:
dcman6491 wrote:
talk shit about manitou but i had that exact same thing happen to my marzo dj. same spot but it was off a 4 stair drop into grass transition. i didnt even land rough. i bought another marzo right after. shit happens. dont shit talk the company cuz one of the forks you have from them broke.
i dont consider that a real fork company.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
dcman6491 wrote:
skivt27 wrote:
dcman6491 wrote:
i dont consider that a real fork company.
u got a point

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
Actually, the fork didn't break because of user error. Normal riding conditions includes falling from time to time. Bailing on a dirt jump is normal riding. As far as I am concerned something like that is a malfunction of the item. Manitou isn't a bad company because their forks break from time to time but they should honour warranty on something like that if you were dirt jumping when it occured.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
Actually, the fork breaking was a case of user error (well user error is a little harsh, an accident is much better). Bailing is a part of riding, but not one of the facets of what the fork was desigened to do. I'm glad your not in control of a companies warrenty department. Warrenty if for manufacturing defects, not crash replacement.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
How do you prove that that wasn't a manufacturing defect?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
How do you prove it was?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
Haha touche Razz

I don't want to start a pissing match. Honestly, I think Manitou would warranty that under the assumption that it was a defect. It wouldn't be good customer service to tell someone that bought their product "too bad - you shouldn't have bailed on a dirt jump".

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
Ya im hoping that manitou views it the same way this guy^^^ did. If not then ill lower my marz z1 light (still wondering if that is possible btw) and get a real fork for my blitz

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
localboy9 wrote:
Ya im hoping that manitou views it the same way this guy^^^ did. If not then ill lower my marz z1 light (still wondering if that is possible btw) and get a real fork for my blitz
i have a z1 sport. i hate that POS. but i ride dh/freeride.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
the z1 light is really nice, but i could use something a little bigger you know? So do you know if it is possible to lower? i have the TAS RC2 version of the 06 z1 light

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
I have BRAND NEW Manitou lowers for sale! They're for 32mm stanchions and a 20mm axel. They would work perfectly on your Gold Label. Interested?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
modern-cowboy wrote:
I have BRAND NEW Manitou lowers for sale! They're for 32mm stanchions and a 20mm axel. They would work perfectly on your Gold Label. Interested?

possibly, how much and would they be compatible/sensible for dj? i dont know too much about forks

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
Yeah they'd be fine, I bought them for my Sherman before I realized there wasn't really anything wrong with my "broken" ones. They've never even been put on a fork. I live in Ottawa and could sell for $120.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011969
Mobile Version of Website