Powered by Outside

Is it cool to NOT wear a lid yes or no?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Is it cool to NOT wear a lid yes or no?
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
I had a what i call a near death experience that ended with me breakin my pinky bone and losing my big toe nail. I remember seeing the tree so close to my head as i got flung around. I know where a Oneal Surround sound or my Remedy.
Itching myself, by myself>or asking the old creepy nurse to itch my balls or suggesting her to cause i cant move cause im paralyzed? hmmm

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
I wear one, I owe my nose, chin, and head to my full face, and i havent had a bad crash with my half shell, but i have had some close calls.
Wear one, its worth the extra cash to get a really nice one if you are picky, just wear one.
Also something I find is that you usually get more noticed if you do wear a helmet, because its just one more thing that people can decide if they like or not.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
hamina777 wrote:
newworlddisorder wrote:
hamina777 wrote:
I'm in the same boat. All of my friends hate wearing helmets.

I don't like wearing them simply because they're hot and I always lose mine.

I wear one anyway.
good man it will keep u safe trust me i know

I seriously wonder how my friends can feed themselves in the first place.... one of them was trying a 180 on a halfpipe and rode off of it, then slammed his face into the pipe. HARD.

If the helmet didn't take most of the impact he would have broken his nose and probably quite a few teeth.

He was wearing one because his mom makes him Big Grin

Good for mom.

i say helmets are uncomfortable but wear it even for small things my friend was screwing around in his driveway doing fakies off the wall and i was fixing my bike and he fell and got a concussion and didnt know who the president was and what had gone on for a few months..he always wore a helmet but when he took it off for a few mins it hurt

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
Also, if you're riding street, wearing a helmet, and courteous, people will be a lot happier to let you ride. (Stopping to let people pass, not weaving in and out of traffic/people, etc)

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
i think its totally fine wearing a brain bucket. its not like skateboarding where only the "losers" wear helmets.. biking is totally cool with them, you always see pros like cam mccaul wearing them, so why shouldnt you?

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
its not cool at all u should always wear a helmet

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
It's up to the rider if they want to ride without a helmet or not. Personaly I always do and have zero remorse for people that f*ck up their faces when they don't. Just my2 cents

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 1:00 Quote
i would rather keep my head than have it smashed all over the ground with my brains spilling out and my skull smashed into 10384937593 pieces. lol.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 1:10 Quote
i got knocked out with a full face on the other day. imagine what i would be like if i wasnt wearing one...

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 1:51 Quote
let me put this way: is it cool to become retarded for not wearing something on your head that could of saved you?

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 2:11 Quote
i hardly ever wear one.
but i am stupid in that way
wear one. it's the right thing to do.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
I hopped onto my back wheel last weekend, for some reason forgot to use my brake and landed flat on my back and my head bounce back up off the floor, I dont want to think about what would have happened If I didnt wear a helmet...

And yes it is cool, You look so much more proffesional.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 2:16 Quote
My parents always made me wear one when I was tiny and I'm still the only one of my friends who wears it all the time, skate helmet for BMX/out in the forest/whatever, normal helmet if I'm on the road bike and a full face for proper MTBing.

I've had plenty of crashes where I've been very glad I had a full face on (and check out Mike Montgomery, he always seems to be wearing a full face even in skateparks, does it make him any less cool?)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027159
Mobile Version of Website