Powered by Outside

What to Do When There is a Foot of Snow outside

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What to Do When There is a Foot of Snow outside
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
lol that would be cool, I bet theres also a lot of land to build on.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
ride around with friends. not necessarily on trails but just go mess around. its funner than it sounds.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
lol that would be cool, I bet theres also a lot of land to build on.
ya probably lots

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
DylanSpeers15 wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
DylanSpeers15 wrote:

ya it would be awesome seeing a bunch of kangaroos running around as ur riding

As long as they don't run infront of you while you're trying to ride, like deer.
that happened to u , that would of been so funny

I've had a deer jump across a trail I was riding down, that one was close.
I've seen a guy come off a drop with a deer standing in the landing.. deer took off when it heard him comimg, but instead of running away from the trail it was running down the trail. We could hear the rider swearing at the deer from the lift. lol

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
HAHA funny you asked that. in vancouver there has been alot of snow this winter, and now its mostly melted. BUT i packed a quater pipe in my front yard.

and now that it has all turned to ice, its basically a solid 4 ft quater.

ITS SO SICK.. next winter im going to build a whole skate park in my back yard.

^ do this before the snow becomes ice. or melts and becmes hard

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
ride urban man empty parking lots...business's with stairs just dont abuse the right or head down to the skatepark if it has good drainage we have one under I90 so that works great

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
DylanSpeers15 wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:

As long as they don't run infront of you while you're trying to ride, like deer.

I've seen a guy come off a drop with a deer standing in the landing.. deer took off when it heard him comimg, but instead of running away from the trail it was running down the trail. We could hear the rider swearing at the deer from the lift. lol
Haha you think thats bad i one time came around a corner and a bear with its cub were crossing the trail. I went right inbetween them and you know how bears get when your near there cub. I didnt look back just kept goin and didnt stop till i was at the bottom of the trail haha.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
Bet that was your fastest run of the day too...

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
Bet that was your fastest run of the day too...
Fastest run of my life.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:54 Quote
I drink a lot of coffee, wait until I have to use the bathroom really bad, run outside and procede to write my name in the snow.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:54 Quote
SpeshAllDay wrote:
Hey guys,
A lot of us are in this situation. What do you do when there is too much snow to ride?
Too much snow to ride? not possible. on the other hand, you can tear down your bike, tune it, surf price point, and spend the rest of the time wasting away on pinkbike.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
DylanSpeers15 wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:

hahahaha nice

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
start to spray water all over the snow and then leave it overnight so that it forms a layer of ice over the top!! then u can bike skate!!!

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
work on bike, watch bill & teds excellent adventure, skiing, pinkbike (and then repeat)
Thats what a i pretty much did today took my fork off cuz getting a knew one...then watched movie and now im on pinkbike...

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 1:30 Quote
The biking around my area is crap as! Meaning I have to build my own trails Frown
But near my area I have never come across a kangaroo, but there are some killer ants and crazy lizards and birds that swoop you tearing your scalp off if you get to close to their nests.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013804
Mobile Version of Website