Drive my own car or get a custom bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Drive my own car or get a custom bike?
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
it depends on the condition of the car. if its about to blow up or need major work, saving for a bike will be almost impossible. then there is gas and insurance which may cost you alot and take longer to save for a bike. if you don't need a car, don't get one. unless you really have to drive somewhere too far for public transport. the longer you can stall on getting a car, the better. they are huge money burners.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
JAMWELLMAN wrote:
There's no back seat on a bike. You pickin up what I'm laying down?
that comment pretty much decided it for me lmao, i still would get to drive the car though, just would have to be flexible with it...

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
as much as a custom bike is amazing and everyone wants one.. its really only gunna add up to like $3000 depending on wht you are getting. I would for sure get the car because it costs a lot more money and you can do much more with it.. your parents are paying insurance and you can get your friends to chip in for gas to drive them around. Having a car gives you a huge amount of freedom you can always slowly build up a crazy bike a car is one big payment or a lease which sucks dick

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
JAMWELLMAN wrote:
There's no back seat on a bike. You pickin up what I'm laying down?

We've got a winner. And like Ezekiel said, a lot easier to put together the money for a custom bike.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
Car drivers are all junkies hooked on oil. Ride what you have replace parts as they wear out. Invest in a sweet commuter rig and join the growing ranks of bicycle commuters.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
toooldschool wrote:
Car drivers are all junkies hooked on oil. Ride what you have replace parts as they wear out. Invest in a sweet commuter rig and join the growing ranks of bicycle commuters.
It's just not practical to ride a downhill bike thirty miles.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
toooldschool wrote:

hence why he wrote commuter rig.

FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
I'd go for the bike mate and get some old beater of a hatchback like and old golf or watever something really basic that won't go wrong because then you get too say u paid for your car yourself which is cool and if you look around you can pick up a mid ninties car for peanuts anyway

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
ha ha im 35 and never owned a car yet,although a couple of motorbikes i have had though.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
Get the car in the end its going to be alot cheaper to build a bike yourself then buy your own car. Especially if the car is your parents, you know how the car has been driven and how they have maintained it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
go for the car if its in good shape man. you dont need the best bike ever built and it opens alot freedom to go ride different places whenever you want.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
Keen-Ta-Giver wrote:
go for the car if its in good shape man. you dont need the best bike ever built and it opens alot freedom to go ride different places whenever you want.

so what he said.Salute

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
bro get the car, get a job in driving distance and buy the bike. its dope having freedom to ride wherever want or go wherever.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
odin333 wrote:
iamanidiot wrote:
toooldschool wrote:

I was pointing out that sometimes you need a car. Neither is it practical to ride thirty miles on a commuter with a DH rig strapped to your back.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
odin333 wrote:
iamanidiot wrote:

I was pointing out that sometimes you need a car. Neither is it practical to ride thirty miles on a commuter with a DH rig strapped to your back.

easy get a B.O.B.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.biketrailershop.com/catalog/images/bob_trailer_yak.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010898
Mobile Version of Website