Jobs at a Bikeshop

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Jobs at a Bikeshop
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
Working in a bike shop is overated! Well it is at mine anyway Frown

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
TheJackflasher wrote:

you work at the wrong shop then bud... I absolutely love my job.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
TheJackflasher wrote:

Well at mine it the complete opposite! If I could I would.... ....I don't know, live there?!!! The people who work are really cool to hang out with and they have become some of my best friends.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 7:45 Quote
Can someone post a Resume just to see and get a basic idea?

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
TheJackflasher wrote:

you work at the wrong shop then bud... I absolutely love my job.

same here

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:11 Quote
nodignoride wrote:
I need a job at a bike shop... :[

i had one...then the gay boss fired me, saying he had to make cuts, then he hired some new guy.... stupid fag

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
If you wanna get a job at a bikeshop do you need any kind of school or something for it or dose it work if you know abit of bike stuff and can build a bike (I know how to build almoust all the things on a bike). If you get a job on a bike shop will you just sell stuff or will you be anable to build bikes to?

(sorry if you cant understand what i asked, english isnt so good)

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
lights wrote:

use google..

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Snowgirl90 wrote:
If you wanna get a job at a bikeshop do you need any kind of school or something for it or dose it work if you know abit of bike stuff and can build a bike (I know how to build almoust all the things on a bike). If you get a job on a bike shop will you just sell stuff or will you be anable to build bikes to?

(sorry if you cant understand what i asked, english isnt so good)

From what I've seen, the large majority of shops will take people in who have a working knowledge of bikes without requiring an education and just start them off doing the labour jobs (changing tubes, chains, cleaning up, etc.),assembling low end bikes and dealing with customers if necessary. If you stick that out and demonstrate the required abilities then you get trained and allowed to do more difficult tasks.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
knobzy wrote:
lights wrote:

use google..

or get your parents to help you make one. unless there unemployed and live in a box, then its probably not a good idea to ask them. also, whatever you do don't use the Microsoft Word Resume templates. so many people use those and it just shows your too lazy to make your own.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
PS- you better be able to take some abuse about: your family, your girlfriend, your manhood, your lack thereof, your sexual preference, your bike... pretty much everything.

Never spoken truer words about working at a bike shop. If you can't take a joke learn fast or don't even bother applying. You wont last long.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
BMXMcLovin wrote:
Resume examples
hahaha that was genius! Big Grin Big Grin lol lol lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
BMXMcLovin wrote:
Resume examples
hahaha that was genius! Big Grin Big Grin
Pimp i dont mean to brag or anything but... i'm awesome.:P

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
useful forum, im actualy thinking of going to my lbs, they know me pretty well, and dropping off a resume.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.727897
Mobile Version of Website