Powered by Outside

Iron horse sunday vs. commencal supreme dh

PB Forum :: Downhill
Iron horse sunday vs. commencal supreme dh
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
freeride-maverick wrote:
i ride a bit of dh for fun with the occasional bit of fr but mainly dh, i have read that the sundays snap but haven't read anything about the commencals snapping. to be honest the supreme is kind of my favourite out of the two, it looks better speced for what i want.

yeah go for the supreme, the sunday is definatly more towards a dh race bike then anything else i ride mine little bit of freeride but its set up for racing and ide much rather blast down a trail fast with it then go jumping off things for fun on it ( if thats the type of free riding you do)

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
freeride-maverick wrote:
i ride a bit of dh for fun with the occasional bit of fr but mainly dh, i have read that the sundays snap but haven't read anything about the commencals snapping. to be honest the supreme is kind of my favourite out of the two, it looks better speced for what i want.

Yeah Cedric Gracia rides Commencal dh supreme.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
MTBriderr wrote:
freeride-maverick wrote:

Yeah Cedric Gracia rides Commencal dh supreme.

yeh i've seen, he's a nutter!!

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
freeride-maverick wrote:

yeah go for the supreme, the sunday is definatly more towards a dh race bike then anything else i ride mine little bit of freeride but its set up for racing and ide much rather blast down a trail fast with it then go jumping off things for fun on it ( if thats the type of free riding you do)

i did also look at the rocky mountain flatline 3 aswell??? the commencal is the bike i'm edgeing towards, looks great and the spec's seem good too.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
MTBriderr wrote:
Have you considered Trek session 88 dh, or Giant glory? they are similar

the trek is an amazing bike but the price is a tad high.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
freeride-maverick wrote:
MTBriderr wrote:

also cant really be used as a long term bike

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
freeride-maverick wrote:
MTBriderr wrote:

whys that?? for that price i would want it to last forever!! Smile

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
freeride-maverick wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
freeride-maverick wrote:

whys that?? for that price i would want it to last forever!! Smile

lol yeh
thin frame designed to be light race and for racing constant need to check the evo link
the fox 40s need A LOT of maintenance, a service every 4 months is reccomended

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
im am going through this same choice at the moment.

have you got either of these bikes yet, if so can you tell me what one you ended up buying. and how it rides and stuff.
seeing as 2010 is comign in soon im hoping both of these bikes will drop even more in price, But i still cannot decide on whice one to choose.

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
id say the commencal supreme dh, slightly heavier but just feels more sturdy

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011953
Mobile Version of Website