Powered by Outside

Any ideas how to lose some weight off my santa cruz vp to make it a bit more all mountain friendly

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Any ideas how to lose some weight off my santa cruz vp to make it a bit more all mountain friendly
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
maybe pop the bash guard off, unless u catch ur gears on ur pants, and syncros stems r really light, urs looks kinda heavy by the pic

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
KyleG43 wrote:
ur not gonna loose a pound, n ur deffinatly NOT gonna loose 2 when switching to hayes brakes
just get like juicy 5s er somthing tht actually is lighter

ummmm yes you are. going from HOPE mono6 which i own to hayes stroker carbon which i also own will save a pound by switching the pair.

also by switching to maxxis ignitor 2.35" tires you would save about a pound

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
KyleG43 wrote:
ur not gonna loose a pound, n ur deffinatly NOT gonna loose 2 when switching to hayes brakes

ummmm yes you are. going from HOPE mono6 which i own to hayes stroker carbon which i also own will save a pound by switching the pair.

You're the one that called them M4's which I assumed they where without looking at the picture too closely.

I still wouldn't touch the brakes until:
Lighter tyres/tubes
Lighter rims/spoke/nipples (depending on how you ride)
Lighter drivetrain

All should be within your budget.

If you wanted lighter brakes go with Shimano XT's.

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
lionel17 wrote:
kovacs2121 wrote:
KyleG43 wrote:

You're the one that called them M4's which I assumed they where without looking at the picture too closely.

I still wouldn't touch the brakes until:
Lighter tyres/tubes
Lighter rims/spoke/nipples (depending on how you ride)
Lighter drivetrain

All should be within your budget.

If you wanted lighter brakes go with Shimano XT's.

yes i did, until i looked closer and they are mono6. and i also suggested lighter tires, did i not?

for the record by changing to stroker carbons with 160mm rotors you would save 418grams (close to a pound)

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
It's static weight, it barely moves, after wheels the drivetrain is the next area to look at.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009313
Mobile Version of Website