Powered by Outside

Whats better fox 36s or manitou shermans?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats better fox 36s or manitou shermans?
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
manikrider15 wrote:
thats like comparing a honda to a lambo.
Fox hands down.

No because a Honda is more reliable.

The Sherman would make a good paper weight.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
yea when he said his shermans were better i kinda laughed in my head but this proves it i was right =]

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:53 Quote
FOX----------------10.0
ROCK SHOX----------9.0
MARZOCCHI----------8.0

MANITOU------------3.0

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
fox . though magura is even better.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
NaToED wrote:
never ridden magura myself or even seen it in real life. i would love to try them. but i think rock shox is definitely competing with fox in some areas. i mean a 36 for over 1000 or a domain for like 500 to 600, i'd sure as hell go with the domain haha

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
NaToED wrote:
never ridden magura myself or even seen it in real life. i would love to try them. but i think rock shox is definitely competing with fox in some areas. i mean a 36 for over 1000 or a domain for like 500 to 600, i'd sure as hell go with the domain haha

quite right, fox are nice, but wicked overpriced... rock shox offers the best value for your dollar...

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
NaToED wrote:

Why don't you compare the Lyric to the 36?

Domains are much heavier and simpler internally then a 36, they arn't comparable.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
for sure man. my domain is so plush, i can't imagine a 36 being THAT much better, simply because i can't imagine it being that much better at all! ROCK SHOX 4 LYFE

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
magura's are just sweet . very stiff with the DAD and made in Germany . I work in a bike shop and deal with the magura guys in Germany . Very good prices too

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
lionel17 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:
NaToED wrote:

Domains are much heavier and simpler internally then a 36, they arn't comparable.
good point, i just compared the domain because that's the one i own

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
lionel17 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:
NaToED wrote:

cause domains are the van36's counterpart... no one said anything about a float 36... then compare the lyric all you want, but don't forget to slap another few hundred dollars on the float... that said, shops in my area are selling lyrics for $700...

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
I've owned a 36 and a Domain, the heaviest 36 is also lighter then the lightest Domain. Factor in Fox are made in the states and Rockshox are made in Taiwan.

I'm not saying there's a quality difference, but the cost to build for Fox is higher.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
lionel17 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:

cause domains are the van36's counterpart... no one said anything about a float 36... then compare the lyric all you want, but don't forget to slap another few hundred dollars on the float... that said, shops in my area are selling lyrics for $700...
yeah, i guess that is also true. i am not very knowledgable about the whole "talas, float, etc etc etc" deal.

anyway to the thread owner, 36 blows a sherman out of the wattur

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
lionel17 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:

No. The entry level coil Lyrics are the Van 36's counterpart.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
lionel17 wrote:
I've owned a 36 and a Domain, the heaviest 36 is also lighter then the lightest Domain. Factor in Fox are made in the states and Rockshox are made in Taiwan.

I'm not saying there's a quality difference, but the cost to build for Fox is higher.

i'll partially agree with that, simply put, if someone told you that they made their product locally, thus had to charge you more, would you be ok with that? it's a global marketplace pal... i don't want to pay more for similar performance just cause it's locally made... pfft, screw that Thumbs Down

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009860
Mobile Version of Website