Fox float 36 RC2 or fox talas RC2?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Fox float 36 RC2 or fox talas RC2?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
Well ya the pros use them because the 36 is overkill for a street hartdail. I use a 32 vanilla bumped down to 100mm and its great. And Cam probably uses the 36 for his full suspension bikes but not hartails.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
j0sh22 wrote:
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/09/Eng/2009_OM_eng.htm
Check out the manual, theres a section showing step by step how to adjust the travelSalute

thanks alot!
I wil get the mony in about week or two then I will buy the 09 float 36 rc2!

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
if your riding street why get a big freeride fork? Get a 100mm Float 32 like Aaron Chase and Cam McCaul use. Or a Marzocchi Dj.
They also get their forks for free so when it breaks they just ask for a new oneFrown so unless your getting yours for free go for the 36, you wont break itWink

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
Well ya the pros use them because the 36 is overkill for a street hartdail. I use a 32 vanilla bumped down to 100mm and its great. And Cam probably uses the 36 for his full suspension bikes but not hartails.
Nope. He has a 36 on his hardtail.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:

He does.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
get a float cause your not spoose to run the talas at the lowest travel settings for acutally doing jumps and trail rides. it was built as a climbing feature so your center of gravity is lower. you can lower the float as low as you want to go. there are spacers that are in 5 and 10mm increaments

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
Why dont you get rockshox coz they have uturn and all da pros use them

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:
if your riding street why get a big freeride fork? Get a 100mm Float 32 like Aaron Chase and Cam McCaul use. Or a Marzocchi Dj.

Damn, The pros use them. I forgot about that reason...

nope that is not the reason...!
until now I had a DJ2 07 and I cracked him like shit and then I got my self some argyles and they are fine but I dont like them so much and they are gonna die soon..
so now I want some f*cking strong and durable forks! that is the only reason im thinking on buying the Float 36!

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
cool cool just found this thread, so do you guys think the fox talas 36 is good for street/dirt jumping, how low can it be lowerd to with the adjusments?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
get a float cause your not spoose to run the talas at the lowest travel settings for acutally doing jumps and trail rides. it was built as a climbing feature so your center of gravity is lower. you can lower the float as low as you want to go. there are spacers that are in 5 and 10mm increaments

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:

well there arnt any floats at the shop right now, what will happen if i do run a talas at the lowest travel setting?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
it messes with the internals somehow. and it doesnt feel nearly as good as a float at 100 because the talas at 100 isnt spoose to be ran that low for anything but climbing

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013583
Mobile Version of Website