Riding and Study.... Can it be done?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Riding and Study.... Can it be done?
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 3:39 Quote
What you really want to do is bike after studying so it relaxes ou so something a little like this :

Mines like this ::

School Till 3:25
3:25 - 6:25 - studying
6:30 - 6:45 - dinner
6:45 - 9:00 - riding

this is wat mine is becase i study first then ride but if you do it the other way round you will be mentally tired for the riding part and plus my way you are refueled for riding and you dont have to worry about studing when you get back Wink

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 3:59 Quote
Ok this is what i do. i go to bed early and read cause it helps you get to sleep easier. Then i wake up early if i have any study or homework i do that, then when i come home from school i'm able to go ride cos i've done the study/homework. Unless i have work, in witch i try not to have full day shifts in weekends so i can go ride after work.

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
this is going to seem sad but... if your revising then i know you can download things from bitsize that you download and put them on your ipod/mp3 and its just someone talking about what you would be reading. ive never tried this but it seems like a good idea for you. this way you can ride and study at the same time.

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
i ride when i can and do all the other stuff when i cant

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 1:22 Quote
unclebones wrote:
O.k what time do you start and finish school approxamitley how much study time do you need/do a week and what subjects are you doing? after figuring these thing out i might be able to help you with some time management stuff.

Also do you have an idea of what you want to do when you leave school?

i start at 7.30(when i catch the bus) and get home at 4.45. i want to get at least 5 hours of study a week done. i do english, maths, geo, history, science, pe,pdh, wood work and food tech. (i am going through to years 11 and 12)

i want to do a mechanical enginering degree and get into either designing or build bike frames/parts or something in the bike industry.

cheers mate

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
im in year 11, and yes it can be done, i ride most days of the week and i always have my homework done now Smile

my parents are happy, im happy with it
ok, i get home at 3:30, ride till no later than 6, rest until about 7, do homework then come one here

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Set a structured time for homework.

My plan is usually

school till 4:30 (when im home)
4:30-7:00 Biking.
7-8 Dinner
Homework 8-??

If you have work just figure out your hours. If you cant go ride, go ride the net day.

This was about the same as my regimen back in high school. It worked pretty effectively for me. Now that I'm at university, and the snow remains on the ground, there is not much riding for me to do. So, that allocates more time towards other aspects of my life, including school. You'll just have to get good at efficiently managing your personal time schedule so you don't end up stressed and juggled between certain priorities you need(ed) to get done.

No matter what program you may continue in during your academic career, there is always enough time for other things in your life -even if you're pursuing a difficult degree. One consideration that should always be at the back of your mind is, "The better I achieve at school, the potential for a higher quality of life I have." And that means more riding time...

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
If I can go to college with a full coarse load and still find time to ride, pretty much anyone can.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 2:38 Quote
good point, i have time to learn tricks in year 11
how much riding do you do per week?

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 4:02 Quote
I went through the same thing. The best thing I can tell you is to sit down and write down what you're gonna do each day. As much as you don't want to, tell you're parents you'll take 1/2 hour of riding out each day for homework. It'll make them think you're putting a stronger commitment into it.

Lastly, take advantage of nasty, rainy days, and do all the working ahead.

FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
i get by with 9-1 school
1-2 riding at lunch
2-3 last lesson
3-5 home work
5-530 dinner
530 onwards riding/ work depending on day

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
I get hoem from school go for a ride for liek 2 hrs. then eat depending on homework load usually do my homework then if its still light out go again just for liek a little boot around town dont have time to hit up any dh but still rather be on my bike

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
im done with all of my work now

well just gotta revise(i hate it)

then wen i have like 10-20 mins i just go an ride in my street lol

then when it gets dark i come in and go on my 360 or on here
or just fight with my older brother (he is a c**t)

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
good point, i have time to learn tricks in year 11
how much riding do you do per week?

It's the middle of winter, so right now not much. In the spring/fall I would say at least a few hours. Some days I'll get out for a ful evening as well, then come home and do homework until 11 or so, then go to bed. Weekends are almost always biking in the day, homework at night.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
sometimes on really nice days (no wind and sunny) I employ the screw homewrok lets ride rule hahaha
I personally liek thsi one

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013723
Mobile Version of Website