Powered by Outside

Benefit of 24's on my NS Suburban

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Benefit of 24's on my NS Suburban
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:20 Quote
climbingbubba wrote:
yeah, i can't wait to get my 24's built up so i can slam mine. i have been running a front break the whole time and love it.

billyrock, you said that you love your taipans right? are they strong? i would get the 36 hole im thinking. the look pretty cool and am considering trying them out but i am a hack and weigh 165. what do you think?

Gidday climbingbubba, no probs with strength here on the 24" taipans i love em and they roll so nice.

Tom Black the owner of Velocity Wheels custom built them for me for the Suburban and with the 36 spokes and NS Hubs they are solid as.

I guess, even with strong parts, if the tricks or techniques used when riding are done in a hack fashion, no doubt the 24's would suffer, but fortunatly after 3 months the rims are still perfectly straight.

It is an interesting wheels size which is becoming more and more popular and fashionable here in Oz and abroad, as the compromise of the 26 and 24 is met.

No doubt, its all personal preferance and if you ride mainly parks and street i would look no further that 24's.

NOTE: I am just refering to the 24" "Taipans" because they are the only 24's i have ever rode on.

Funny how we get many negative posts relating to the 24's from people who have never actually rode on them and yet they dis them with no knowledge at all on how they feel when compared to a 26" so my opinion is bia's to what "i" like.

cheers mate and all the best on your selection!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010042
Mobile Version of Website