Powered by Outside

Thoughts?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Thoughts?
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 22:56 Quote
He is right, in a very wrong fashion. Do I need to explain?

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
He is right, in a very wrong fashion. Do I need to explain?

Yes, cause I think Adam22 is veryyyyyyy wrong.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:04 Quote
i have absolutly no problem with mountainbiking in general and i actually find it quite neat when they take tricks and do them on neat natural features so like freeride and stuff even slopestyle i guess but what i really hate is when people try to ride them around parks, really well groomed dirtjumps and street because they are pretty much riding stuff that they don't even need to have a mountainbike for and they can't do as many tricks because their bikes are so awkward in that enviroment. this is just my personal take on the situation and everyone is entitled to their own.....

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
dotca wrote:
mike-l wrote:
whens the last time you've seen a mtb rider 7 off a 2 foot tall up ledge or 3 double bar down a massive set i know where your coming from but it's undeniable that some tricks tend to be easier on bmx's because they are smaller and more flickable

I never seen a BMX rider 7 off a 2 foot ledge either...

my friend can almost do them off 4 foot ledges.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
dotca wrote:
mike-l wrote:
whens the last time you've seen a mtb rider 7 off a 2 foot tall up ledge or 3 double bar down a massive set i know where your coming from but it's undeniable that some tricks tend to be easier on bmx's because they are smaller and more flickable

you mean on his scooter or bike?

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
dotca wrote:

you mean on his scooter or bike?

his bike

i have absolutly no problem with mountainbiking in general and i actually find it quite neat when they take tricks and do them on neat natural features so like freeride and stuff even slopestyle i guess but what i really hate is when people try to ride them around parks, really well groomed dirtjumps and street because they are pretty much riding stuff that they don't even need to have a mountainbike for and they can't do as many tricks because their bikes are so awkward in that enviroment. this is just my personal take on the situation and everyone is entitled to their own.....

i never thought i would say this but you are completely right thats what i was trying to say good work ultimate Smile

The way he put it, made it sound like riding your bike in your own way is wrong. But 26" riders are not using their bikes for the "intended use." But in a way they are too, because what kind of bikes do you think atomlab and black market specialize in. He is kind of stuck in the past. From what I see, the human race cannot stand a "routine." And we needed something new. The bmx industry was getting kind of old and "routine" so the street mtb slid its way on in. But I mainly think street mtb evolved from freeride, because people started to do urban freeride, and wanted more flickable bikes, but wanted to stay on the tried and true 26. So the short travel hardtail came out. And they slowly merged from doing stair drops, into the park scene. Fixies are a whole nother story.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:11 Quote
Fixies have been doing tricks a lot longer then you think. Like before BMX bikes were around...

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
dotca wrote:
Fixies have been doing tricks a lot longer then you think. Like before BMX bikes were around...

yeah but they were pretty much all flatland tricks not anything like they are now where they can 180 and 360 off decent sized stair sets. mainly though because they have started actually making fixies that are specifically meant for street riding rather then the flimsy track bikes that they would used to have to ride freestyle on.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
I am on a positive side of fixies, I can't get enough of them. They are just so simple, and just goes back to the basics of riding a bike and having fun without a load of gadgets.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
I am on a positive side of fixies, I can't get enough of them. They are just so simple, and just goes back to the basics of riding a bike and having fun without a load of gadgets.

yeah i know none of the stuff that they do on them is actually really extreme or anything but i still find it quite neat and fascinating to watch.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
here is a movie i had to make for science class but there are a few neat fixie clips in it.

Views: 1,460    Faves: 5    Comments: 14

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
I can't imagine riding a fixie I would face plant so many times, because I would forget you have to keep pedaling or the bike stops. Another reason I got my STP was because I wanted to try something different. I did the bmx thing for a long time and I just wanted to change things up a little bit. This is all kind of dumb though, who cares what you ride as long as you have fun and respect the people you are riding around.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
dotca wrote:

Yeah, people used to do tricks on penny farthings. People will always try to do things they're not supposed to on things that aren't designed for it. It's human nature to try new things. Okay, so yeah BMX might have the best designed parts and for doing tricks on, but that has only come from people copying MX on what were essentially race bikes.

That guy is completely stupid for thinking such things. Jesus. Get an imagination. It's just shear ignorance really.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032669
Mobile Version of Website