Keeping People Out

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Keeping People Out
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
recklessness wrote:
mtbdarren318 wrote:
recklessness wrote:
Run a chain between two trees (or something similar) with some bright orange shit so nobody hits it. Put a padlock on that sucker and only unlock it when it's time for you to session. I'm a fellow trail builder and I hate seeing my hard work getting destroyed by people that simply don't give a f*ck. Good luck dude.
That's exactly what I'm doing with some jumps me and my friends built, if kids find it and start riding it. But I was thinking about using a combination lock with the dial in the middle, and only a few people will know the combo.

Salute
Yup, if tons of kids start riding our hours of hard work, I'm gonna be pissed. Might as well piss them off too.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
Well the best solution is to build them where no-one else knows where they are, or can get to. Or on private land somewhere. Not many of us are lucky enough to do that thought...

Best idea is the pad-lock one imo.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
at my trail i put up a keep out sign and chicken/barb wire so i done thing people are going to mess with my trails:P

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
putting a chain and combo lock in front of every jump and berm and drop is such a lot of work, then everytime you go to ride you gotta take it down, then put it back up etc. and besides, if someone wants the wreck your stuff there gonna do it regardless if theres a chain there or not, theres really no way to stop idiots like that, the way i see it, just bring a shovel, or hide one close by and fix whatevers wrong with them when you go...

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 1:42 Quote
even if you dont tell people, they are bound to find them. the idea about the chain is a good one and just give all your mates a key. what we have done is build our trails but leave the run up till last so there is no way people can ride them until they are completely finished and you've built a run up!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016158
Mobile Version of Website