Powered by Outside

Why do YOU ride brakeless (or not) ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Why do YOU ride brakeless (or not) ?
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
it feels normal to me.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
[Quote="truffles"]Some people say it's so they don't have brake lines to get tangled up, but realistically, probably three quarters of the kids on here who say that can't even bar spin or tail whip. It does the make the bike quieter and looks cleaner, which is probably the reason IMO. I suppose for park, brakeless is ok but for dj's and real world riding where there's traffic, it's just dumb. IMO, if you want to ride brakeless, have a brake so it's there in an emergency, but just don't use it.[/Quote
if you mean real world riding like new york street they ride brakes less, park peoplel tend to ride brakes for more tricks i.e abubacas.
i ride brakeless because i cant a afford a 200 dollar gyro set up and i refuse to use a linear cable. (yes i can barspin and I'm one foot away from landing whips.)

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
Not tryin to be a prik,but the reason most people ride brakeless I think is because its a trend.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
DHDEVEN wrote:
Not tryin to be a prik,but the reason most people ride brakeless I think is because its a trend.

yes that 100%true its a trend

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
Ben-DMR wrote:
DHDEVEN wrote:

so in my case its a trend? since i can't afford a proper set up.
I'm not trying to start an e-fight or anything everyone has different views on the subject lets just leave it at that.
* we all know this is gonna end up in an argument someone black the tread Ezekiel? drewfunk? lettusdude? sherb?

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
Ben-DMR wrote:
DHDEVEN wrote:

so in my case its a trend? since i can't afford a proper set up.
I'm not trying to start an e-fight or anything everyone has different views on the subject lets just leave it at that.
* we all know this is gonna end up in an argument someone black the tread Ezekiel? drewfunk? lettusdude? sherb?
not for everybody, but most(and please notic I said"Not tryin to be a prik,but the reason most people ride brakeless I think is because its a trend"

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
any ways,Personaly,I could never ride brakeless.Theres so many little kids at Inflow,with out brakes you will KILL THEM:P

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
Don't ride brakeless myself because of personal experience, ended up riding straight a canal, crowd of small scooter kidfags, benches, trees, i'm so clumsy without brakes

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
DHDEVEN wrote:
any ways,Personaly,I could never ride brakeless.Theres so many little kids at Inflow,with out brakes you will KILL THEM:P
i haven't killed anyone there yet. although i hate the little kids they don't wait for a turn or anything they just go whenever they wantReally Mad

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
DHDEVEN wrote:
i haven't killed anyone there yet. although i hate the little kids they don't wait for a turn or anything they just go whenever they wantReally Mad

DEATH TO SNAKES!!!!!

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
flowbear wrote:
ive been riding breakless for so long...

breakless, like at work when you don't take a lunch?

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
I prefer brakeless because it just feels so, so . . . so right. It's just how I like to ride. At first I was sketchy, went slow, paid super close attention to everything around me out of fear.
And you know what?
That made me a better rider. I now pay attention to everything, can control my speed alot better and learn to bail safer(and come on, what's wrong with putting your foot down in emergencies? Nothing).
Let's face it, not having brakes is dangerous. But in my oppinion life is dangerous. You could slip in the bath, or on a slippery walkway. Hell, you could get mugged on the way home, it happens.

So yah, I ride breakless because it feels right. Screw fear of crashing. Screw trends. And screw wheight. Just ride how you feel is right.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
wykydtron wrote:
I prefer brakeless because it just feels so, so . . . so right. It's just how I like to ride. At first I was sketchy, went slow, paid super close attention to everything around me out of fear.
And you know what?
That made me a better rider. I now pay attention to everything, can control my speed alot better and learn to bail safer(and come on, what's wrong with putting your foot down in emergencies? Nothing).
Let's face it, not having brakes is dangerous. But in my oppinion life is dangerous. You could slip in the bath, or on a slippery walkway. Hell, you could get mugged on the way home, it happens.

So yah, I ride breakless because it feels right. Screw fear of crashing. Screw trends. And screw wheight. Just ride how you feel is right.
Amen tup

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
atomik777 wrote:
flowbear wrote:
ive been riding breakless for so long...

breakless, like at work when you don't take a lunch?
lmfao this goes in my book of favourtite forum comments.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
It's your opinion really, whatever you like best,
Both are good choices, riding brakeless IS actually fun
as long as your shoes don't wear out. Wink

Using your feet to stop is just as easy as using breaks, you may have to get used to it though.
Also - If you ride dirt, RUN BRAKES!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022119
Mobile Version of Website