Powered by Outside

Can you think of a blue rimmed tubeless wheelset?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can you think of a blue rimmed tubeless wheelset?
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
crankbros cobalts, blue tubless and light as f*ck

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
lol For a Glory DH?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
livvylovesya wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
lol For a Glory DH?
yea man, there blue tubeless and light:P i picked up the box and didn't think the wheels were in there
hes just going to have to pick his lines better

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
OH, and if you're not planning on reusing your hubs, I'd get Hope Pro 2's (in blue) for their price and performance.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
any, and a good quality spray bomb.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
yakrider wrote:
ya thats really your only option
unless you want to run cobalts:P

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
yakrider wrote:
getto tubeless.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
yakrider wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
yakrider wrote:
getto tubeless.
that just adds weight

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
yakrider wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
getto tubeless.
that just adds weight
how? explain more. 1/2 a 20" tube is lighter then a 26 no?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
Add stans sealant and you have about the same weight if not more.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
livvylovesya wrote:
mlyons wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, yeah i think the best option would be to buy rims have them professionally painted and lace em up my self.
And for those who said it wasn't. Wheels are one of the most considerable ways to lose weight.
But think about it, if you paint over your rims, that may neglect a lot of the weight that you might be saving. I think your best option for saving weight would be getting Pimplites (in blue) and converting them to tubeless. Also, there's a LOT of paint on the Glory DHs. I think some guy lost like a pound by rawing his.
Yeah i've heard about the weight on the frames as well. I'm not going to go that extreme tough for resale purposes. Will only race it for one season. And if i use a Butyrate color coat the paint really wont add much at all

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
Here's a thought...don't go tubeless. Saves money and effort. Plus the benefits of tubeless are arguably minimal. Because, I will say it again, you will not save weight. This comes from somebody who uses tubeless.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
mlyons wrote:
livvylovesya wrote:
mlyons wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, yeah i think the best option would be to buy rims have them professionally painted and lace em up my self.
And for those who said it wasn't. Wheels are one of the most considerable ways to lose weight.
But think about it, if you paint over your rims, that may neglect a lot of the weight that you might be saving. I think your best option for saving weight would be getting Pimplites (in blue) and converting them to tubeless. Also, there's a LOT of paint on the Glory DHs. I think some guy lost like a pound by rawing his.
Yeah i've heard about the weight on the frames as well. I'm not going to go that extreme tough for resale purposes. Will only race it for one season. And if i use a Butyrate color coat the paint really wont add much at all
don't paint over the original pant either.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
Here's a thought...don't go tubeless. Saves money and effort. Plus the benefits of tubeless are arguably minimal. Because, I will say it again, you will not save weight. This comes from somebody who uses tubeless.
Dude the stock wheel set on this thing is ridiculous. and your wrong my buddy just went tubeless, and saved around two pounds. That's a difference. Plus i live in Oregon and you want to be running as little tire pressure as possible in this swamp.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011765
Mobile Version of Website