Powered by Outside

Helmetcams

• Next Page
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
Ive been using an ATAK-2K now for almost 2 years and the buttons are gettin BEAT !It doesnt have a "preview" screen so you have to have it aimed right,.bummer huh? I have a helmet mount,.h-bar mount,.and I use it on the dash of my car almost religiously as proof in the event of an accident. A buddy of mine got SCREWED in an accident with some 80+ year old bitch who LIED to police about the circumstances of the crash and the cop gave the woman "elder credibility" and ticketed my buddy without even listening to his whole story. He told him to tell it to the judge. Ive almost been in 2 accidents since having the cam,and it was runnin each time so I could have video proof of what happened.tup

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
g3cko wrote:
Yeah and thats another thing.......but My friend has bailed pretty hard on his many times and no issues. He told me the V.I.O site has many replacement parts including cables, remotes, lens covers, harneses and what not. I even hear they make an underwater housing for diving.[/Quote]

ok, how much is the V.I.O?[/Quote]

Here it is 700 US..... http://www.vio-pov.com/products/index.php
Wow I didn't know it was that much. I always thought it was 450. Go to the web site.... I didn't know they had a use for S.W.A.T teams too!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
newfdh wrote:
g3cko wrote:
Yeah and thats another thing.......but My friend has bailed pretty hard on his many times and no issues. He told me the V.I.O site has many replacement parts including cables, remotes, lens covers, harneses and what not. I even hear they make an underwater housing for diving.

ok, how much is the V.I.O?[/Quote]

Here it is 700 US..... http://www.vio-pov.com/products/index.php
Wow I didn't know it was that much. I always thought it was 450. Go to the web site.... I didn't know they had a use for S.W.A.T teams too![/Quote]the vio pov1.5 has a resolution at 720x480, 720x400, 640x480, 360x240, and the file format is mp4 and avi has a 4gig sd card, go pro at 179.99 (u.s.?) has one resolution: 512x384 saved as an avi and has a open sd slot. both have built in mics. both look like good cameras, and at 4-500 bucks less, go pro is still nice. but you will have to get a sd card for it to have enough memory to record a few hours at a time.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
Yeah you can record for a loooong time with the V.I.O's 4Gb SD card. I have had it on for 5 hours of skiing and it ran out after that, thats without the remote and letting it run. I am sure you can get wayyyy more footage on there if you used the remote to start and stop the cam. As well the remote can be fastented to your handle bars so you just have to hit the record whil on the fly to get your footage. V.I.O makes spare remotes so if you lose one you can go to the web site and order one. I think they run about 40 bucks.

Jeez I should be a rep for V.I.O.......I have never plugged a product this much on pinkbike ever!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
I dont like the atc one, they need much light and batteri.
The pov is so nice, but the price tag will extreme high.
I had used my archos for about 3 years, and dont wanna sell it ever.
It almost samme quality as the pov.
Nd you can choose your player capacity( up to 160gb i think) and with a nice big screen to watch it afterwards

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
iuulle wrote:
Nd you can choose your player capacity( up to 160gb i think) and with a nice big screen to watch it afterwards
My buddy has an Archos player and told me about the cam for it.Maybe my ATAK will die soon and I can justify to me Mrs. an Archos player and the cam for it Wink since we goin west and north this year to ride because finally I have a steed worthy of some light dh/freeride now tup

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
iuulle wrote:
My buddy has an Archos player and told me about the cam for it.Maybe my ATAK will die soon and I can justify to me Mrs. an Archos player and the cam for it Wink since we goin west and north this year to ride because finally I have a steed worthy of some light dh/freeride now tup

And a big plus is you can use the player for everything.
Watch your freeride movies on the way to a spot, watching races on the way to a spot is a good mental warmup and wanna go faster on course

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
love those V.I.O's!!! - what do you think is better, wire or wireless?

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
Me and my friend who owns the V.I.O had a discussion about this. Go with the wire. Yes it does have to stay connected but wireless would require that the cam had a battery in it as well and that would add bulk and weight. Once you see it you realize that it is easy to apply any where. (hint get lots of velcro and surgical tubing). There is a lot of cord so you can tape it or fasten it to multiple points along the bike if you are mounting it on the frame. The down side is you are now connected to your bike. You can also tape the battery and display unit to the frame or seat tube in this situation. Unlike a lot of pov this think can mount virtually anywhere that you can think of. On your Jaw peice, on your visor, looking foward, backwards, or straight down .I have put it on my drive side chain stay, fork and frame. My friend has put it on the seatpost, stem and handlebars as well.

For skiing he has mounted it on his boot, ski, helmet,and pole.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=61646

this one looks like it wouldnt work but it works great and its about 10 cents

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 8:29 Quote
newfdh wrote:
Me and my friend who owns the V.I.O had a discussion about this. Go with the wire. Yes it does have to stay connected but wireless would require that the cam had a battery in it as well and that would add bulk and weight. Once you see it you realize that it is easy to apply any where. (hint get lots of velcro and surgical tubing). There is a lot of cord so you can tape it or fasten it to multiple points along the bike if you are mounting it on the frame. The down side is you are now connected to your bike. You can also tape the battery and display unit to the frame or seat tube in this situation. Unlike a lot of pov this think can mount virtually anywhere that you can think of. On your Jaw peice, on your visor, looking foward, backwards, or straight down .I have put it on my drive side chain stay, fork and frame. My friend has put it on the seatpost, stem and handlebars as well.

For skiing he has mounted it on his boot, ski, helmet,and pole.

thanks very much for your help - now all I have to do is save up!! Big Grin

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010629
Mobile Version of Website